Senior Backend Engineer, Product
Remote, USA /
As a senior backend engineer at Ronin, you will be working closely with people across engineering, product, and design to build systems and experiences to solve challenges in cancer care. You have expert knowledge of modern web applications and have worked with languages and frameworks such as Java/Kotlin and Spring Boot. You also have expert knowledge of backend frameworks enabling REST based services oriented design. As someone who can code and architect the backend service systems, practice thoughtful code reviews, and provide mentorship to other engineers, you have the desire and experience to share knowledge with others.
You follow engineering best practices when creating software and you enjoy working collaboratively with other smart but humble engineers in an environment where you feel safe to experiment and innovate. You want to work on a product that has a positive impact on cancer patients’ lives.
We are a mission-driven startup that is creating change for people impacted by cancer. We’re developing an intelligence platform that provides all the information physicians need, in one place, to assess patient care options and take action. We are passionate about achieving our mission and each others’ success.
We’re ready to make an impact on a 147.3 billion dollar industry. Will you join us?
Here’s the typical day to day for our backend engineers:
- Collaborate with our product management and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions that will ultimately better the lives of Patients, Oncologists, and supporting care teams.
- Define, develop, test, document and deploy easy to understand and secure backend service APIs to enable the creation of web application features.
- Design and implement secure and fault tolerant systems to handle large amounts of health data using container based technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our product code base as well as our overall quality engineering processes.
Does some or most of the below describe you? Let’s chat!
- 6-8+ years of experience in creating containerized service oriented backend services
- Experience with Java, Kotlin or similar. If you don’t know Kotlin, that's okay, we are open to coaching you.
- Expertise around deploying backend stacks. (We use Docker and Kubernetes)
- Expertise around the design and architecture of domain driven microservices.
- Product-oriented mindset. You care about the end-user experience and provide input into the product.
- Enjoy mentoring, sharing knowledge, and learning from other engineers.
What We Offer:
- We’re a remote-first company within the United States
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- 401k through Guideline
- Medical, dental, and vision 100% covered for employees and 70% for dependents
- 100% covered life insurance for employees
- Parental Leave
- Flexible vacation: we encourage everyone to take at least 15 days off per year
- 11 paid company holidays plus a week off during the winter holidays
- All the stipends! Learning & development, internet, cell phone, and team lunches
- Opportunity to work on impactful products in the complex cancer space
Project Rōnin is filling one of the greatest gaps in patient care to date. Our mission is to increase the length and quality of every persons’ life who has been affected by cancer.
This year alone there will be nearly 1.8 million new cancer diagnoses, and the tools oncologists are using haven’t been updated in 20 years. With our platform, communication between patients and their doctors is optimized through an individual care platform that is already having an immediate impact.
Want to learn more?
Avoid the confidence gap. If some of the above describes you, we’d love to chat and see where your skills can add to our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.