Senior Clinical Informaticist
San Mateo, CA
The pace of innovation in cancer treatment has accelerated dramatically in recent years, with new breakthroughs every day and over 600 cancer drugs now on the market. And yet, the technology doctors use to take advantage of these innovations hasn’t evolved in decades. In fact, most doctors still use a software system that was designed in the 1990s for billing and compliance to make life-altering decisions about care.
At Project Ronin, we’re out to change this - fast. Our mission is to dramatically improve cancer care by giving doctors and patients the tools they need to make better decisions about treatment. We’re developing a cancer intelligence platform that provides all the information physicians need, in one place, to assess patient care options and take action. We believe that this technology will allow for truly individualized care and will have an immediate impact on quality of life and survival rates.
We’re building a team of highly motivated, passionate individuals to help us pioneer this new approach to cancer care. Nearly every person will be touched by cancer at some point in their lives, so the potential for our collective impact is vast.
Will you join us?
As one of the first members of the Clinical Intelligence team, you will have a unique opportunity to help build our clinical informatics function from the ground up. This will include taking ownership in formulating, driving, and implementing the vision and strategy for our semantic network of clinical oncology intelligence.
This is a full time role located in our office in San Mateo, CA.
What You Will Do:
- Own and manage our semantic network for clinical oncology intelligence
- Closely collaborate with internal teams to identify, design, and deliver standardized clinical oncology data and terminology solutions across Ronin products as well as to ensure data is appropriate and optimized for Data Science
- Curate, harmonize, and manage data from multiple applications and standardize data to controlled terminologies, vocabularies, and classifications
- Develop logical and functional models to support relationships between clinical oncology concepts
- Evaluate and identify potential softwares and technologies to optimize clinical informatics work
- Develop documents outlining the clinical informatics processes and procedures
- Educate internally on clinical informatics and share clinical insights
What We're Looking For:
- Advanced Clinical, Health, or Biomedical Informatics degree with at least 3+ years of applicable experience (BONUS: Advanced clinical degree such as MD, DO, PA, NP, RN, PharmD)
- Experience leading projects with cross-collaboration and a proven track record of execution
- Experience integrating clinical data from various sources (BONUS: Experience with oncology data)
- Familiarity with healthcare IT standards and controlled vocabularies
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to explain complex information in a non-technical way
- Ownership and accountability
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer:
Our goal is to remove as many obstacles as we can so you are able to do the best work of your life. We offer the following benefits to help you do that:
- Opportunity to make an enormous impact on hundreds of millions of lives, while growing your career
- A team that is passionate about achieving our mission and each other’s success
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Commuter stipend
- Quarterly learning stipend
- Phenomenal location within walking distance to the San Mateo CalTrain
- No meeting Tuesday's for Engineering