Staff DevOps Engineer
Remote, USA /
Do you enjoy automating tasks and creating developer workflow efficiency? Do you believe that DevOps and Infrastructure Reliability is a culture, rather than a process that accelerates the velocity of the engineering team?
Here at Project Ronin DevOps and Infrastructure Reliability Engineering is a discipline combining software and systems engineering skills. We take security and our users' privacy extremely seriously. As part of our core mission, DevOps will work closely with engineering and share the burden of delivering our uptime and quality guarantees.
The Ronin DevOps mindset is strongly aligned with key concepts around automation, infrastructure as code, continuous improvement of process and quality. You'll maintain and automate our infrastructure while being an efficiency multiplier to our broader engineering and product teams. You will increase deployment cadence, feature velocity, defect rate with tooling such as CI/CD and help make our platform secure.
Here’s what you will do day to day:
- Build the self-service platforms that the engineering teams use to build, test, and deploy services.
- Writing code using Ruby, Python, or similar scripting languages.
- Work with our engineering teams to to ensure we are following best practices Manage Kubernetes clusters running in the cloud Configure systems and infrastructure as code using tools like Terraform.
- Assist in making sure our platform is secure and compliant.
Does some or most of the below describe you? Let’s chat!
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, such as Azure, OCI, AWS or GCP
- Experience with orchestration platforms, such as Kubernetes (k8s)Familiar with CI/CD and production automation around deployments, rollbacks, promotions, etc
- Coding ability. Familiar with one or more of the following: Bash, Ruby, Python or similar scripting and programming languages.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Have these skills as well? Even better.
- Experience with SRE, automation or infrastructure toolingLogging, monitoring and alerting tools.
- Deployment automation tooling such as Spinnaker.
- Experience with Linux internals and/or network administration (e.g., filesystems, system calls, signals, process states, TCP/IP, routing, AWS VPCs, Firewalls, cloud security groups, IP Block Management).
What We Offer:
- We’re a remote-first company within the United States
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- 401k through Guideline
- Medical, dental, and vision 100% covered for employees and 70% for dependents
- 100% covered life insurance for employees
- Parental Leave
- Flexible vacation: we encourage everyone to take at least 15 days off per year
- 11 paid company holidays plus a week off during the winter holidays
- All the stipends! Learning & development, internet, cell phone, and team lunches
- Opportunity to work on impactful products in the complex cancer space
Project Rōnin is filling one of the greatest gaps in patient care to date. Our mission is to increase the length and quality of every persons’ life who has been affected by cancer.
This year alone there will be nearly 1.8 million new cancer diagnoses, and the tools oncologists are using haven’t been updated in 20 years. With our platform, communication between patients and their doctors is optimized through an individual care platform that is already having an immediate impact.
Want to learn more?
Avoid the confidence gap. If some of the above describes you, we’d love to chat and see where your skills can add to our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.