Staff Software Engineer, Data Platform
Remote, USA /
You are a skilled software engineer with data engineering experience. While you have hands-on experience with some common tools, frameworks, and paradigms used in data engineering , you can rapidly switch gears to choose the right architecture and tooling for the job at hand. To the core, you are a key backend engineer, who has had the opportunity to focus on managing the data related aspects of enterprise backend systems. You understand how to enable different types of stakeholders to work with data, from data scientists, to business analysts, to the product engineering teams. Collaborating with other team members is a large part of your workflow and you are comfortable adapting to changing technology in a startup environment.
High quality data is at the core of Project Ronin’s mission to change the way cancer is treated. In this role you will be part of the team that ensures performant, reliable data is always available for all of Ronin’s application, Data Science and Clinical Intelligence teams. You will have the opportunity to define how to best design these pipelines and tools for rapid scaling across a multitude of health systems while never sacrificing data reliability.
You will be working with a group of senior engineers, many of whom possess a deep healthcare background across emergent startups and leading EMRs. We are passionate about everything described above and especially about how our team can contribute to Ronin’s broader mission through the data we ingest, normalize, and operationalize for our teams.
Here’s what you will do day to day:
- Build, maintain, and govern data pipelines with Python and Apache Spark on the Databricks Platform in Azure
- Work with the Data Science team to operationalize NLP and ML pipelines
- Standardize clinical data with Healthcare interoperability standards like HL7 FHIR and standard vocabularies such as ICD, LOINC, MedRA, CTCAE
- Extend FHIR models for Ronin’s specific use cases that the rest of the company will use to access data
What We Offer:
- We’re a remote-first company within the United States
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- 401k through Guideline
- Medical, dental, and vision 100% covered for employees and 70% for dependents
- 100% covered life insurance for employees
- Parental Leave
- Flexible vacation: we encourage everyone to take at least 15 days off per year
- 11 paid company holidays plus a week off during the winter holidays
- All the stipends! Learning & development, internet, cell phone, and team lunches
- Opportunity to work on impactful products in the complex cancer space
Project Rōnin is filling one of the greatest gaps in patient care to date. Our mission is to increase the length and quality of every persons’ life who has been affected by cancer.
This year alone there will be nearly 1.8 million new cancer diagnoses, and the tools oncologists are using haven’t been updated in 20 years. With our platform, communication between patients and their doctors is optimized through an individual care platform that is already having an immediate impact.
Want to learn more?
Avoid the confidence gap. If some of the above describes you, we’d love to chat and see where your skills can add to our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.