Senior Machine Learning and AI Data Scientist
San Mateo, CA
The pace of innovation in cancer treatment has accelerated dramatically in recent years, with new breakthroughs every day and over 600 cancer drugs now on the market. And yet, the technology doctors use to take advantage of these innovations hasn’t evolved in decades. In fact, most doctors still use a software system that was designed in the 1990s for billing and compliance to make life-altering decisions about care.
At Project Ronin, we’re out to change this - fast. Our mission is to dramatically improve cancer care by giving doctors and patients the tools they need to make better decisions about treatment. We’re developing a cancer intelligence platform that provides all the information physicians need, in one place, to assess patient care options and take action. We believe that this technology will allow for truly individualized care and will have an immediate impact on quality of life and survival rates.
We’re building a team of highly motivated, passionate individuals to help us pioneer this new approach to cancer care. Nearly every person will be touched by cancer at some point in their lives, so the potential for our collective impact is vast.
Will you join us?
As one of the first members of the team, you will have a unique opportunity to help build our Machine Learning and AI function from the ground up. This will include exploring data sets, creating predictive models for cancer outcomes, and helping to advance the science of oncology treatment. You will also be a subject matter expert partnering with external oncologists as well as our internal product team. You can make a positive impact in a field that has touched the lives of almost everyone in the world.
What You Will Do:
- Analyze complex medical datasets to develop predictive models for cancer treatment outcomes
- Cluster and classify patients based on structured data and text information
- Explore synergies between medical datasets and patient digital data
- Provide machine learning methodology leadership
What We're Looking For
- MS/PhD with 5+ years experience.
- Understanding of machine learning / statistical modeling and classification methods (e.g. penalized regression, gradient boosted trees, NLP).
- Experience with data visualization of complex models and data.
- Ability to explain your work clearly to a non-technical audience.
- Interested in leading analysis projects and mentoring data scientists.
- Strong R or Python skills.
- Nice to have but not required: Experience working with medical / clinical patient data.
What We Offer:
Our goal is to remove as many obstacles as we can so you are able to do the best work of your life. We offer the following benefits to help you do that:
- Opportunity to make an enormous impact on hundreds of millions of lives, while growing your career
- A team that is passionate about achieving our mission and each other’s success
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Commuter stipend
- Quarterly learning stipend
- Phenomenal location within walking distance to the San Mateo CalTrain
- No meeting Tuesday's for Engineering