Senior Machine Learning and AI Data Scientist
San Mateo, CA
We have an opportunity to truly impact the lives of millions of patients with our intelligent care system. To do that, we are building a team that is passionate about providing service to others in the best way we know how - creating life altering software. With real-world data, real-time symptom management leveraging machine learning and a tool for clinicians to quickly and intuitively view and restructure patient information, our platform is allowing for truly individualized care for every patient.
Our intention is to have a team centered around that mission. To get there, we believe; navigating ambiguity with data, being an owner, inspiring authenticity, working as one team with the same dream and constantly designing will drive us toward success as a team, and a business.
We’re ready to build the most meaningful technology in cancer care, will you join us?
As one of the first members of the team, you will have a unique opportunity to help build our Machine Learning and AI function from the ground up. This will include exploring data sets, creating predictive models for cancer outcomes, and helping to advance the science of oncology treatment. You will also be a subject matter expert partnering with external oncologists as well as our internal product team. You can make a positive impact in a field that has touched the lives of almost everyone in the world.
What You Will Do:
- Analyze complex medical datasets to develop predictive models for cancer treatment outcomes
- Cluster and classify patients based on structured data and text information
- Explore synergies between medical datasets and patient digital data
- Provide machine learning methodology leadership
What We're Looking For
- MS/PhD with 5+ years experience.
- Understanding of machine learning / statistical modeling and classification methods (e.g. penalized regression, gradient boosted trees, NLP).
- Experience with data visualization of complex models and data.
- Ability to explain your work clearly to a non-technical audience.
- Interested in leading analysis projects and mentoring data scientists.
- Strong R or Python skills.
- Nice to have but not required: Experience working with medical / clinical patient data.
What We Offer:
Our goal is to remove as many obstacles as we can so you are able to do the best work of your life. We offer the following benefits to help you do that:
- Opportunity to make an enormous impact on hundreds of millions of lives, while growing your career
- A team that is passionate about achieving our mission and each other’s success
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Commuter stipend
- Quarterly learning stipend
- Phenomenal location within walking distance to the San Mateo CalTrain