Business Strategy Analyst
San Mateo, CA
The pace of innovation in cancer treatment has accelerated dramatically in recent years, with new breakthroughs every day and over 600 cancer drugs now on the market. And yet, the technology doctors use to take advantage of these innovations hasn’t evolved in decades. In fact, most doctors still use a software system that was designed in the 1990s for billing and compliance to make life-altering decisions about care.
At Project Ronin, we’re out to change this - fast. Our mission is to dramatically improve cancer care by giving doctors and patients the tools they need to make better decisions about treatment. We’re developing a cancer intelligence platform that provides all the information physicians need, in one place, to assess patient care options and take action. We believe that this technology will allow for truly individualized care and will have an immediate impact on quality of life and survival rates.
We’re building a team of highly motivated, passionate individuals to help us pioneer this new approach to cancer care. Nearly every person will be touched by cancer at some point in their lives, so the potential for our collective impact is vast.
Will you join us?
Our mission is big and bold, and we need true “blue sky” strategic thinkers to help achieve it. As a pivotal member of the business strategy team, the Business Strategy Analyst will help set the direction for Project Ronin. You will identify, evaluate and determine the best market entry and growth opportunities for the business.
What You Will Do:
- Become an expert on the oncology market evolution, customer needs, and the competitive landscape to inform our business strategy
- Lead strategy development process end-to-end, helping to establish a strong perspective on business opportunities to accelerate Ronin’s growth
- Build dynamic data-driven models to evaluate new customer segments, market size and go-to-market scenario planning
- Ideate and rapidly execute market experiments to test hypotheses on go-to-market channel strategy and winning value propositions
- Partner with senior leadership to prioritize top customer segments, market entry opportunities and product strategy
What We're Looking For:
- Strategic and analytical acumen: You can quickly and accurately size market opportunities and evaluate the competitive market
- Deep healthcare expertise: You have a deep understanding of the healthcare ecosystem's economics, value-streams and trends towards value-based care
- Data-driven decision making: You approach all decisions as weighted optimizations and hypotheses. You have a crisp clarity about the most important influences on any given decision
- Collaborative: You can work across a diverse team and align stakeholders to drive decision-making
- Entrepreneurial mindset: You thrive in ambiguous situations, and you are hungry to make sense of complex, nuanced problems. Thinking outside the box is the norm for you.
Your Experience Includes:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree in healthcare or business preferred
- 2+ years working directly within the healthcare market (provider/payer experience preferred)
- 2+ years experience in strategy development problem-solving, planning or management consulting role
- Strong analytical skills: experience solving real world business problems using advanced Excel modeling and relational databases; scenario and forecast modeling
- Self-starter: independently capable of framing ambiguous problems in a structured format, sourcing key data and information, and being resourceful in a resource-constrained environment
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to adapt communication style and modality to a variety of audiences and uses
- Bonus: early stage startup experience
What We Offer:
Our goal is to remove as many obstacles as we can so you are able to do the best work of your life. We offer the following benefits to help you do that:
- Opportunity to make an enormous impact on hundreds of millions of lives, while growing your career
- A team that is passionate about achieving our mission and each other’s success
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Commuter stipend
- Quarterly learning stipend
- Phenomenal location within walking distance to the San Mateo CalTrain
- No meeting Tuesday's for Engineering