San Mateo, CA
The pace of innovation in cancer treatment has accelerated dramatically in recent years, with new breakthroughs every day and over 600 cancer drugs now on the market. And yet, the technology doctors use to take advantage of these innovations hasn’t evolved in decades. In fact, most doctors still use a software system that was designed in the 1990s for billing and compliance to make life-altering decisions about care.
At Project Ronin, we’re out to change this - fast. Our mission is to dramatically improve cancer care by giving doctors and patients the tools they need to make better decisions about treatment. We’re developing a cancer intelligence platform that provides all the information physicians need, in one place, to assess patient care options and take action. We believe that this technology will allow for truly individualized care and will have an immediate impact on quality of life and survival rates.
We’re building a team of highly motivated, passionate individuals to help us pioneer this new approach to cancer care. Nearly every person will be touched by cancer at some point in their lives, so the potential for our collective impact is vast.
Will you join us?
As one of the first engineers to join the team, you’ll partner with our Director of Engineering to create the foundation of our product. We’re building a services-oriented architecture with Ruby on Rails, React, Python, MySQL, Kafka, Heroku, Oracle, Docker, Kubernetes (and React-Native). The API server will interact with the oncology interface, the patient facing mobile applications as well as our data science tier.
In this role you will; drive architectural design and implementation, execute clean, maintainable code, mentor other engineers as they are hired and make a positive impact in a field that has touched the lives of almost everyone in the world.
What We're Looking For:
- Senior engineers. To us, that means you have successfully lead the architecture build of a web application. You also can work across the stack, practice thoughtful code reviews, mentor mid-level/junior engineers and conduct interviews.
- Ruby on Rails (or similar). You have experience with RoR or a consistent track record with a modern web application framework and have a strong interest to work with Ruby and RoR. If you are a motivated and curious senior engineer, we know you can pick it up quickly.
- A stand out teammate. You thrive in a dynamic startup environment and don't think of teamwork and respect as buzzwords.
- Lifelong learner. What is “best in class” today, will be different tomorrow. We want to continue to iterate, and be better to serve our patients and each other.
- Healthcare experience. At some point in your career, it would be helpful for you to have worked in a healthcare based organization to understand the complexity of the integrations.
- Degree in Computer Science/ComputerEngineering or relevant industry experience. We’re passionate about clean and maintainable code, not how you whiteboard an algorithm.
What We Offer:
Our goal is to remove as many obstacles as we can so you are able to do the best work of your life. We offer the following benefits to help you do that:
- Opportunity to make an enormous impact on hundreds of millions of lives, while growing your career
- A team that is passionate about achieving our mission and each other’s success
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Commuter stipend
- Quarterly learning stipend
- Phenomenal location within walking distance to the San Mateo CalTrain
- No meeting Tuesday's for Engineering