San Mateo, CA /
About the Opportunity:
Our data engineering team is at an exciting juncture where they are developing a data ecosystem that will work dynamically with hospital systems, research institutes and other cancer data systems. The data engineering team will be a partner to the data science team ensuring the data that is collected is curated for them to create the best predictive models in the cancer care industry. As an early engineer to join the Data Platform Team, you will develop complex distributed streaming systems that ingest and process data arriving from and delivered to our partner healthcare systems. Additionally you will develop a Data Insights Platform, that will power ML workloads, in partnership with the Data Science team. You will learn and build healthcare knowledge graphs that will be central to improving outcomes for cancer patients.
We are looking for Sr. Data Engineers to join our dynamic team and bring their passion for data engineering with them!
What You Will Do:
- Integrate with healthcare APIs such as HL7 & FHIR to build ELT/ETL pipelines that store, transform and aggregate data to power our data science workloads and fuel our provider- and patient-facing applications.
- Define the core data models abstracted from the Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Assess the existing data ecosystem; leverage existing APIs & build new ones to consume structured and unstructured data sets.
- Partner, develop and own the cloud-based data management platform that will define and change the way we work with data.
- Be an active participant in: Architecture reviews, code reviews, general agile processes, the development and mentorship of engineers, and building a strong engineering culture while advocating practical sophistication.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of big data and software engineering experience
- Solid expertise and skills in object-oriented and functional programming paradigms and implementations using Scala, Python, Elixir or similar language.
- Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or similar cloud platform architecture experience involving analytic systems.
- Hands-on experience with distributed data technologies: Kafka, Spark, Flink, etc.
- Experience with analytics applications using one or more of the database technologies, such as OLTP, OLAP, key-value, document-oriented, and graph.
- Experience building reliable, performant streaming & batch processing data pipelines.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Project Rōnin is filling one of the greatest gaps in patient care to date. Our mission is to increase the length and quality of every persons’ life who has been affected by cancer.
This year alone there will be nearly 1.8 million new cancer diagnoses, and the tools oncologists are using haven’t been updated in 20 years. With our platform, communication between patients and their doctors is optimized through an individual care platform that is already having an immediate impact.
Want to learn more?
Avoid the confidence gap. If some of the above describes you, we’d love to chat and see where your skills can add to our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.