Sr. Experience Director Research and Strategy- Financial Services Project
Experience Strategy and Insight /
At projekt202, we are focused on creating experiences that engage, innovate, disrupt and delight. Our team is passionate about user-centric design and development and enjoys delivering amazing concepts and technical solutions for our courageous clients. We enjoy working together to share our expertise and solve our clients’ business challenges. We have fun and enjoy hanging out with each other in a culture that supports and celebrates our diverse talents, backgrounds and skills.
What you care about
*You draw energy from human interaction. You're confident but not pompous.
*You are driven to know more, to know why, to ask what if.
*You're a born collaborator, and truly appreciate the perspectives of other brains. You respect and attract your colleagues and client's opinions. You believe that you very well might not know the answer. You ask great questions.
*You thrive in uncharted territory. The uncertain and unknown are your playgrounds. Your personal compass pushes you out of your comfort zones. Your leadership inspires your colleagues and earns the respect of our clients.
*You are a communicator. You are able to take an ask and turn it into understandable and actionable ideas. You break down the complex into the simple.
Position Overview: The Sr. Experience Director has experience with a wide variety of methods and experience with both qualitative and quantitative data gathering that they leverage to demonstrate excellence in conducting observational fieldwork, developing insights, and crafting strategy from their findings.
Position Summary: The Sr. Experience Director focuses on supporting the Director of Experience Strategy and Insight with internal initiatives and team management responsibilities as well as running day-to-day direction for the client. The Sr. Experience Director must have the important balance of having a great understanding of projekt202’s experience strategy and design methodology, strong internal and client communication skills and a good familiarity with the other service offerings of projekt202.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage and grow a compassionate team of researchers, strategists, research operations
- Build positive and collaborative relationships
- Collaborate closely with Design and Tech and stakeholders to prioritize and manage projects across sprints
- As needed, coach and mentor team on practices of research in agile methodology
- Work with team to define and measure clear team and individual goals
- Maintain methodological rigor and provide guidance on research methodologies to the team and to stakeholders
- Advance effective communication of research insights into action
- Evaluate methods and techniques and technologies and identify if and how to incorporate into team’s toolkit
- Evangelize and champion human centered practices
- Provide direction and guidance on the client engagement across multiple capabilities throughout projekt202’s Research and Design lifecycle
- Support Director ESI with internal creative initiatives
- Lead, direct and manage Experience Researchers and Strategists including career development.
- Work with Program Managers (PM) to ensure client satisfaction and to ensure the client capabilities have proper balance between quality, timeliness and profitability
- Meet on a regular basis with the VP of ESI, Managing Director and local practice leaders to establish forward looking design-related business strategies for the client and to facilitate ESI knowledge transfer within the account
- Ensure research client deliverables are of the highest quality
- Ensure client satisfaction with QA of ESI team’s creative direction and deliverables
- Work closely with Lead Researchers and Strategists and Program Managers to balance quality, budget and delivery schedule
- Work collaboratively with other Practice Leaders to ensure quality of project deliverables
- Provide direct management and career growth to a team of ESI junior and senior staff, including writing and conducting their performance reviews
- Help the Director of ESI recruit, interview, build and maintain a strong local ESI team
- Collaborate on at least a weekly basis with the Director of ESI, GM and other executives to monitor the status of and facilitate the completion of proposal work and other sales efforts
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience leading and growing a multi-disciplinary team
- 6+ years’ experience developing strategies from data and mixed methods, and leading qualitative and quantitative data-gathering
- Excellent collaboration and facilitation skills across different stakeholders, especially clients
- Strong consulting experience required
- Comfortable with change and working horizontally and vertically in an organization
- High emotional intelligence
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced with research in Agile methodology
- Experienced with research vendors, tools, panels and communities
- Knowledge in the financial services industry is helpful
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in relevant field of study (for example: HCI, CS, Business, Economics, Design, Ethnography, Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Math/Statistics)
If this sounds like you, let's talk. Please visit www.projekt202.com to hear from our leadership team on why you should join us on this amazing journey!
Direct applicants only, no agency submittals please.
At this time, projekt202 does not provide sponsorship.