Senior Marketing Manager (Remote)
London (Remote) /
Growth (Marketing & Customer Success) /
With Prolific, we're changing how research on the internet is done. Katia and Phelim started by building a marketplace that connects researchers (from both Academia and industry) with instant, high quality, global research participants. Now, as a growing team, the bigger vision is to build the most powerful and trusted platform for behavioral research.
We've been part of Y Combinator's Summer 2019 batch, we've recently closed a $1.4M seed round, we've been growing 4x a year purely through word-of-mouth, we're already profitable and we have very ambitious plans. Come join our exciting company!
Prolific is a fast-growing marketplace platform which connects thousands of researchers with hundreds of thousands of participants, across many different countries. We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to work alongside our leadership & growth teams to scale the researcher side of the marketplace, through data-driven marketing initiatives (across product, content and social media marketing).
This role will have a significant impact in defining how we approach and structure our marketing team at Prolific, working alongside our growth team and reporting into our head of growth to design and execute scalable and cost-effective initiatives across the researcher lifecycle journey.
The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver with excellent communication skills, who will lead a marketing team that owns attributable growth goals. They will deeply understand customer psychology, and understand how to position a brand that promotes a compelling narrative for users.
What You Will Be Doing
- Driving diverse product marketing initiatives, from high-level strategy to short-term execution.
- Owning both proactive and reactive communications and compelling content marketing across all user touch points.
- Leading a small – high-performing – marketing team, with the potential to grow rapidly.
- Owning attributable goals as part of a growth team focused on all stages of the funnel.
- Prior experience in product marketing at another high-growth tech startup (3+ years).
- Experienced in evolving compelling brands based on user needs/problems.
- Solid understanding of user funnels, with a knowledge of cost-effective tactics across acquisition, retention and reactivation.
- Excellent social-emotional, communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Humility, rigour, optimism, and a desire to learn and grow fast!
Nice To Have
- Experienced in a variety of online (eg SEO, SEM, Social media) and offline acquisition channels (eg events, community building).
- Extensive knowledge of performance marketing tools.
- Knowledge of analytical tools (eg spreadsheets, SQL etc.).
- Interest in Behavioral Science, Psychology and/or scientific research and a desire to learn about the research space.
What We Offer
- Meaningful share option allocation and salary depending on experience.
- Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
- Flexible working: Work equipment of your choice (paid for by us), and you can work flexibly from home or from our coworking space (also paid for by us).
- Flexible hours: We have core hours of 10am - 3pm (with an hour for lunch), but the rest is up to you.
- Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (which you can switch with your religious holiday).
- £1000 yearly budget for education, growth, and training.
- Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
- A company committed to carbon offsetting: we donate money in your name each month to plant trees and we offset travel as an organization each year.
- Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.