Product Manager (Remote)
London (Remote) /
With Prolific, we're changing how research on the internet is done. Katia and Phelim started by building a marketplace that connects researchers (from both Academia and industry) with instant, high quality, global research participants. Now, as a growing team, the bigger vision is to build the most powerful and trusted platform for behavioral research.
We've been part of Y Combinator's Summer 2019 batch, we've recently closed a $1.4M seed round, we've been growing 4x a year purely through word-of-mouth, we're already profitable and we have very ambitious plans. Come join our exciting company!
At the core of Prolific is our fast growing platform which connects thousands of researchers with tens of thousands of participants. We have ambitious plans to scale and develop our product by addressing the needs and problems of our users on both sides of the marketplace.
You'll work closely with our Head of Product to understand and inform our strategy. Day to day, you'll be a member of one of our empowered, cross-functional product squads where your job will be to set the vision, and to advocate for the user in everything we do.
You should have a rich experience working with developers and designers, ideally in a high-growth environment and fast-paced environment. We value a broad range of experience and skills, the salary is negotiable based on experience and very senior candidates are also encouraged to apply.
This is your chance to get involved in a fast-moving startup where you’ll have huge influence over the trajectory of the product. Since it’s a startup, you’ll have the opportunity to suggest how you can best add value, and make any recommendations about improving the processes and product. We're a fast-growing company and we want to help you grow with us.
- Identify and assess opportunities for new product ideas and improvements.
- Specify the features and functionality of the product through clear documentation.
- Lead a cross-functional product squad of developers, designers, researchers and data analysts.
- Prioritise diligently to ensure we make the biggest impact in the shortest time possible.
- Represent our users by becoming the expert on their needs, problems and how they use the product.
- Understand the needs of the wider business and ensure that everything we build helps us to meet our objectives.
- Become an expert on our product and our technology and use this knowledge to inform your decisions.
- Use data to consistently guide decisions and devise new ways for us to better understand our users.
- Analyse key trends in terms of technology, user behaviour and expectations to ensure we continually innovate ahead of the market.
- 3+ years experience in a product manager role, ideally at a high-growth startup.
- The ability to empathise deeply, with people who may have very different values and priorities from your own.
- Interest in Behavioural Science, Psychology and/or scientific research or a desire to learn about this space.
- The excitement and passion to build great products at an early-stage, fast-growing startup.
- Excellent social-emotional, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Humility, rigour, optimism, and a desire to learn and grow fast.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to solve real user problems, not just implement a pre-defined list of features.
- Meaningful share option allocation and salary depending on experience.
- Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
- Flexible working: Work equipment of your choice (paid for by us), and you can work flexibly from home or from our coworking space (also paid for by us).
- Flexible hours: We have core hours of 10am - 3pm (with an hour for lunch), but the rest is up to you.
- Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (which you can switch with your religious holiday).
- £1000 yearly budget for education, growth, and training.
- Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
- A company committed to carbon offsetting: we donate money in your name each month to plant trees and we offset travel as an organization each year.
- Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave