Participant Systems and Support (Remote)
London (Remote) /
With Prolific, we're changing how research on the internet is done. Katia and Phelim started by building a marketplace that connects researchers (from both Academia and industry) with instant, high quality, global research participants. Now, as a growing team, the bigger vision is to build the most powerful and trusted platform for behavioral research.
We've been part of Y Combinator's Summer 2019 batch, we've recently closed a $1.4M seed round, we've been growing 4x a year purely through word-of-mouth, we're already profitable and we have very ambitious plans. Come join our exciting company!
In this role you will liaise directly with Prolific's participants, providing assistance when needed, but you won't be spending all day answering messages! You'll take care of our participants, listen to their feedback and turn it into actions to be collaborated on with the wider Prolific team.
A key focus of our Participant Support Team is to fix problems at their source and work towards changes that will stop people from needing to reach out in the first place. This can range from product improvements, to automated support solutions, to maintaining our external help center.
At Prolific in general you'll have opportunities to learn about the startup ecosystem, the lean startup approach, and about user acquisition techniques and growth strategies. More broadly, you will get the chance to learn about business and product development, data science, and a diverse variety of research areas.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Managing day-to-day support of participants via written communication.
- Pro-actively suggesting and making improvements to processes and resources for supporting participants.
- Assessing any reported issues and taking action to escalate the reports appropriately.
- Working with other teams to ensure that our product meets the evolving needs and demands of our users.
- Helping to create automated support systems so that we can build a fast, friendly, and effective support process.
- Concise, effective and friendly written communication skills.
- Comfortable working across multiple systems - this role will focus largely on Zendesk, Jira, PayPal, and our internal admin systems, but prior experience with these is not a requirement.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work autonomously while balancing a range of ongoing tasks.
Nice To Have:
- Experience of handling service or product user enquiries.
- Experience in analytics or user research.
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-growth company.
- Interest in Behavioral Science, Psychology and/or scientific research and a desire to learn about the research space.
What We Offer:
- £28,000-£35,000 (p.a.) + Employee stock options scheme.
- Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
- Flexible working: Work equipment of your choice (paid for by us), and you can work flexibly from home or from our co-working space (also paid for by us).
- Flexible hours: We have core hours of 10am - 3pm (with an hour for lunch), but the rest is up to you.
- Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (which you can switch with your religious holiday).
- £1000 yearly budget for education, growth, and training.
- Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
- A company committed to carbon offsetting: we donate money in your name each month to plant trees and we offset travel as an organization each year.
- Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.