San Antonio, Texas
Background on the Organization
Promesa Academy is deeply committed to ensuring that every child lives up to their power and potential through a quality public education. We are a new elementary school built upon research and innovative practices and are uniquely focused on educating students in San Antonio’s inner-city Westside. Through a departmentalized approach in the elementary years and a focus on making learning authentic and engaging, we believe that we can redefine what is possible in the elementary years.
At Promesa, you are joining a founding team with the unique opportunity to build a school from the ground up. If you are looking for the chance to drive transformative change in underserved communities and contribute to the movement to close the achievement gap in our lifetime, look no further than us.
Please visit our website, www.promesaacademy.org, for additional information.
The PEIMS Coordinator/Registrar plays a vital role in the founding of Promesa Academy to ensure that we set in place the organizational structures and systems necessary for a successful launch. The PEIMS Coordinator/Registrar will be a critical member of the Operations team, with responsibility for several aspects of the day-to-day administration of non-instructional student services and for ensuring data integrity.
- PEIMS: Collects all data required for PEIMS submissions in compliance with state guidelines, organizes data required for PEIMS submissions in accordance with PEIMS data standards, and submits regular PEIMS reports to the State
- Student Data Management: Oversees the ongoing accuracy of all student records, including but not limited to, cumulative folders, record requests, transcripts, report cards/progress reports, student health, medication and allergy records, and student attendance data
- Registration and Enrollment: Ensures a successful student enrollment process and maintains a robust student wait list in coordination with the Front Office Coordinator
- Staff Support: Supports the Front Office Coordinator by answering phone calls, welcoming visitors, and assisting with any additional front office staff support needs
- Accountability and Reporting: Gathers and creates data reports as needed for school administrators and federal/state/city agencies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Background check passed, required
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, G-Suite
- Previous PEIMS experience required
- A minimum of two years of office administration experience and database storing and receiving
- Experience in charters, school environments, or other nonprofits preferred
- Knowledge of TEA software and applications, including but not limited to, Student Data Management Software (e.g. TxEIS, PowerSchool, SchoolMint,etc.) and TEA(L)/TSDS preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
Promesa Academy Charter School offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Promesa Academy Charter School is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity.
Disclaimer: This job description describes the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals hired into this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. Promesa Academy Charter School reserves the right to change any or all content of this job description based on business needs. The incumbent, if applicable, will be consulted and notified of any changes before they become effective.