Senior Java Engineer (Remote)
Prominent Edge LLC – Current Openings /
We are looking for talented developers to join our team at Prominent Edge. We are a small company of 24+ developers and designers who put themselves in the shoes of our customers and make sure we deliver strong solutions. Our projects and the needs of our customers vary greatly; therefore, we always choose the technology stack and approach that best suits the particular problem and the goals of our customers. As a result, we want developers who do high-quality work and are up for learning and applying new technologies when appropriate. We want developers who are solid developers in a language such as Java and have also have used at least one modern web technology stack. We understand that for our team to perform at its best, everyone needs to work on tasks that they enjoy. Most of our projects have been web applications which tend to be open source and have a geospatial aspect to them. All our work is remote and we use Slack and Google Hangout throughout the day and like to have fun. See our website at http://prominentedge.com for more information and apply through http://prominentedge.com/careers.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a software engineer. (We are interested in mid to senior engineers)
- Minimum of 2 years experience developing in Java
- Basic knowledge of full-stack web development
- Experience with databases such as Postgres/PostGIS, SQLite, MySQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, or Redis
- Distributed Computing: Spark, Hadoop, accumulo, HBase, dynamoDB, etc
- Geospatial: Some Back-end or front-end experience with geospatial data or libraries
- Client-side technologies: Angular/AngularJS, ReactJS/React Native, Elm, or Vue
- Server-side frameworks: NodeJS/Express, Flask, Django, Rails, or Spring
- Virtualization: Docker, VirtualBox, or VMWare
- DevOps/CI: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Travis, or Kubernetes
- Amazon Web Services: S3, EC2, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, or Dynamo
- Machine Learning: AI/ML
- Not only you get to join our team of awesome playful ninjas, we also have great benefits:
- Six weeks paid time off per year.
- Six percent 401k matching, vested immediately.
- Free PPO healthcare for the entire family.
- We pay you for every hour you work. Need something extra? Give yourself a raise by doing more hours when you can.
- Want to take time off without using vacation time? Shuffle your hours around in any pay period.
- Want a new MacBook Pro laptop? We'll get you one. If you like your MacBook Pro, we’ll buy you the new version whenever you want.
- Want some training or to travel to a conference that is relevant to your job? We offer that too!
- Work from the comfort of your home!