Mid DevOps Engineer (Remote)
Remote - United States /
Prominent Edge LLC – Current Openings /
We are looking for a talented Mid DevOps engineer to join our team at Prominent Edge. We are a small, stable, growing company that believes in doing things right. Our projects and the needs of our customers vary greatly; therefore, we always choose the technology stack and approach that best suits the particular problem and the goals of our customers. As a result, we want engineers who do high-quality work, stay current, and are up for learning and applying new technologies when appropriate. We want engineers who have an in-depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services and are up for using other infrastructures when needed. We understand that for our team to perform at its best, everyone needs to work on tasks that they enjoy. Many of our projects are web applications which often have a geospatial aspect to them. We also really take care of our employees as demonstrated in our exceptional benefits package. Check out our website at https://prominentedge.com/ for more information and apply through https://prominentedge.com/careers.
- You believe in and practice Agile/DevOps.
- You are organized and eager to accept responsibility.
- You want a seat at the table at the inception of new efforts; you do not want things "thrown over the wall" to you.
- You are an active listener, empathetic and willing to understand and internalize the unique needs and concerns of each individual client.
- You adjust your speaking style for your audience and can interact successfully with both technical and non-technical clients.
- You are detail-oriented but never lose sight of the Big Picture.
- You can work equally well individually or as part of a team.
- U.S. citizenship required
- We are both a Products and Services company. We not only create our own products but we also provide DevOps as a service to our clients.
- "Hire the best people. Do the best work." is our Brand Statement.
- We value teamwork. We support each other and believe in shared success.
- We believe in Continuous Improvement.
- We believe in Continuous Learning.
- We work in both the Commercial and Government sectors.
- We have been doing remote work since the inception of the company and are very good at it.
- Minimum of 2 years of total experience
- Familiarity with delivering scalable solutions utilizing Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, Message Queues, and CloudFormation Templates.
- Familiarity with deploying and administering kubernetes on AWS or GCP or Azure.
- Familiarity with implementing secure and scalable solutions.
- Experience administrating *nix environments.
- Experience development using Bash, Powershell, Python, JS, Go, or Groovy.
- Experience automating and streamlining build, test, and deployment phases for continuous integration.
- Experience with automated deployment technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience administering automated build environments such as Jenkins and Hudson.
- Experience with Git/GitHub/GitLab.
- Experience with DockerHub or a container registry.
- 1+ year of web or software development experience.
- Experience with helm for deployment to kubernetes.
- Experience with HashiCorp Vault, administration, and Goldfish; frontend Vault UI.
- Experience with VPNs; OpenVPN preferable.
- Experience with network administration and understanding network topology and architecture.
- Experience with Grafana administration, SSO (okta or jumpcloud preferable), LDAP / Active Directory administration, CloudHealth or cloud cost optimization.
- Familiarity with the ELK Stack
- Familiarity with basic administrative tasks and building artifacts on Windows
- Web or software engineering experience
- Six weeks paid time off per year (PTO+Holidays).
- Six percent 401k matching, vested immediately.
- Free PPO/POS healthcare for the entire family.
- We pay you for every hour you work. Need something extra? Give yourself a raise by doing more hours when you can.
- Want to take time off without using vacation time? Shuffle your hours around in any pay period.
- Want a new MacBook Pro laptop? We'll get you one. If you like your MacBook Pro, we’ll buy you the new version whenever you want.
- Want some training or to travel to a conference that is relevant to your job? We offer that too!
- The ultimate engineer in charge of the reliability, security, and upkeep of our infrastructure.
- Design and implement pipelines that meet customer needs.
- Augment our Agile teams to ensure their DevOps needs are met.
- Manage access of employees to resources such as G Suite, AWS, GitHub, Slack, etc.
- This organization participates in E-Verify.
US citizenship required