System Architect/ DevOps Engineer, TS/SCI clearance
Prominent Edge LLC – Current Federal Openings /
We are looking for a Senior System Architect/DevOps Engineer with an active TS/SCI clearance to join our team at Prominent Edge. We are a small, stable, growing company that believes in doing things right. Our projects and the needs of our customers vary greatly; therefore, we always choose the technology stack and approach that best suits the particular problem and the goals of our customers. As a result, we want engineers who do high-quality work, stay current, and are up for learning and applying new technologies when appropriate. We want engineers who have an in-depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services and are up for using other infrastructures when needed. We understand that for our team to perform at its best, everyone needs to work on tasks that they enjoy. Many of our projects are web applications which often have a geospatial aspect to them. We also really take care of our employees as demonstrated in our exceptional benefits package.
· US Citizen with a TS/SCI clearance
· Minimum of 8 years of total experience to include a minimum of 1 years of web or software development experience.
· Experience automating the provisioning of environments by designing, implementing, and managing configuration and deployment infrastructure as code solutions.
· Experience delivering scalable solutions utilizing Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, Message Queues, and CloudFormation Templates.
· Experience with deploying and administering kubernetes on AWS or GCP or Azure.
· Capable of designing secure and scalable solutions.
· Strong *nix administration skills.
· Development in a Linux environment using Bash, Powershell, Python, JS, Go, or Groovy
· Experience automating and streamlining build, test, and deployment phases for continuous integration
· Experience configuring and deploying logging and monitoring services - fluentd, logstash, GeoHashes, etc.
· Experience with Git/GitHub/GitLab
· Experience with DockerHub or a container registry
· Experience with building and deploying containers to a production environment
· Strong knowledge of security and recovery from a DevOps perspective.
· Experience with RabbitMQ and administration.
· Experience with kops.
· Experience with HashiCorp Vault, administration, and Goldfish; frontend Vault UI.
· Experience with helm for deployment to kubernetes.
· Experience with CloudWatch.
· Experience with Ansible and/or a configuration management language.
· Experience with Ansible Tower; not necessary.
· Experience with VPNs; OpenVPN preferable.
· Experience with network administration and understanding network topology and architecture.
· Experience with AWS spot instances or Google preemptible.
· Experience with Grafana administration, SSO (okta or jumpcloud preferable), LDAP / Active Directory administration, CloudHealth or cloud cost optimization.
· Experience with kubernetes-based software - example - heptio/ark, ingress-nginx, anchore engine.
· Familiarity with the ELK Stack
· Familiarity with basic administrative tasks and building artifacts on Windows
· Familiarity with other cloud infrastructures such as Cloud Foundry
· Strong web or software engineering experience
· Familiarity with security clearances in case you contribute to our non-commercial projects.
· 3 weeks paid time off per year+10 Holidays.
· Six percent 401k matching, vested immediately.
· We offer comprehensive health care plan(s) with nationwide coverage for you and your family
· This organization participates in E-Verify.
· You believe in and practice Agile/DevOps.
· You are organized and eager to accept responsibility.
· You want a seat at the table at the inception of new efforts; you do not want things "thrown over the wall" to you.
· You are an active listener, empathetic and willing to understand and internalize the unique needs and concerns of each individual client.
· You adjust your speaking style for your audience and can interact successfully with both technical and non-technical clients.
· You are detail-oriented but never lose sight of the Big Picture.
· You can work equally well individually or as part of a team.
· U.S. citizenship required
· We are both a Products and Services company. We not only create our own products but we also provide DevOps as a service to our clients.
· "Hire the best people. Do the best work." is our Brand Statement.
· We value teamwork. We support each other and believe in shared success.
· We believe in Continuous Improvement.
· We believe in Continuous Learning.
· We work in both the Commercial and Government sectors.