Lead Data Scientist (Remote)
Products & Services – Services
We are looking for a talented Data Scientist to join our team at Prominent Edge. We are a small company of 24+ developers and designers who put themselves in the shoes of our customers and make sure we deliver strong solutions. Our projects and the needs of our customers vary greatly; therefore, we always choose the technology stack and approach that best suits the particular problem and the goals of our customers. As a result, we want developers who do high-quality work, stay current, and are up for learning and applying new technologies when appropriate. We want engineers who have an in-depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services and are up for using other infrastructures when needed. We understand that for our team to perform at its best, everyone needs to work on tasks that they enjoy. Most of our projects are web applications which and often have a geospatial aspect to them. We also really take care of our employees as demonstrated in our exceptional benefits package. Check out our website at http://prominentedge.com for more information and apply through http://prominentedge.com/careers.
Ideal candidates are those who can find value out of data. Such a person proactively fetches information from various sources and analyzes it for a better understanding of the problem, and may even build AI/ML tools to make insights. The ideal candidate is adept at using large datasets to find the right needle in a pile of needles and uses models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. Candidates must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large datasets and working with stakeholders to improve mission outcomes. A successful candidate will have experience in many (if not all) of the following technical competencies including: statistics and machine learning, coding languages, databases, and reporting technologies.
- Proficient in data preparation, exploration, and statistical analysis
- Experience with batch scripting and data processing
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as Postgres, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, or Redis
- Experience developing REST APIs and messaging protocols and formats
- At least 2 years of theoretical and practical background in statistical analysis, machine learning, predictive modeling, and/or optimization
- Experience implementing event/data streaming services such as Kafka
- Experience prototyping front-end visualizations utilizing data visualization suites such as Kibana or Splunk
- At least 2 years of experience developing Reinforcement learning systems utilizing at least one of the following methodologies. Finite Markov Decision Processes, Support Vector Machines, Q-Learning, Stochastic Finite State Machines, MCTS or other hybrid Deep Reinforcement Learning processes
- Not only you get to join our team of awesome playful ninjas, we also have great benefits:
- Six weeks paid time off per year (PTO+Holidays).
- Six percent 401k matching, vested immediately.
- Free PPO/POS healthcare for the entire family.
- We pay you for every hour you work. Need something extra? Give yourself a raise by doing more hours when you can.
- Want to take time off without using vacation time? Shuffle your hours around in any pay period.
- Want a new MacBook Pro laptop? We'll get you one. If you like your MacBook Pro, we’ll buy you the new version whenever you want.
- Want some training or to travel to a conference that is relevant to your job? We offer that too!
- This organization participates in E-Verify.