*NEW* Senior Software Engineer
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania /
Engineering – Engineer /
Technology can solve massive challenges, even the ones we haven’t yet imagined. But in 2018, poor quality software cost U.S. organizations $2.8 trillion. Promptworks raises the bar by building ingenious software that lasts. With deep technical expertise, human-centric design thinking, and transparent processes, we confidently engineer masterful products for companies such as Comcast, Twitter, Sony, URBN, IQVIA and Honeygrow.
Full-time, remote, occasional travel to Philadelphia
About the position
As an engineer at Promptworks, your responsibilities would include:
• Writing quality software for clients and providing them with technical direction
• Working well in a small team and independently when necessary
• Participating in daily stand up and weekly planning & retrospective meetings
• Creating technical documentation to boost clients' understanding of the software
• Staying abreast of technology news, tools, and techniques
• Taking ownership of our work-product
Senior engineers have the following additional responsibilities:
• Interfacing directly with our clients, gathering their needs and managing their expectations
• Architecting, estimating and planning technical solutions to problems
• Providing direction for their teams that ensure high-availability and secure environments
• Mentoring other Promptworks engineers and our clients’ engineers
This is a full-time, remote position. Standard working days are Monday through Friday in the Eastern time zone (with some flexibility). Occasional travel to Philadelphia when it is safe to do so. Relocation assistance is available for moves to the Philadelphia area.
About the ideal candidate
We hire passionate, pragmatic, intelligent, well-spoken, knowledge-hungry, fun-loving people. The ideal candidate is a proactive, self-directed team player with the ability to quickly adapt and prioritize projects effectively.
The ideal Senior Software Engineer at Promptworks has some combination of the following characteristics, experiences, and skill sets:
You should have 5+ years of professional experience with the following:
• Ruby or Python
• A variety of web frameworks (preferably including Ruby on Rails, Flask, Django, Node.js)
• Writing automated unit and feature tests
• Knowledge and appreciation of REST
• Deploying to and managing infrastructure on the cloud (Azure, AWS)
• Git & GitHub
• HTML, CSS
• Relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL)
• Key/value stores (e.g. Redis)
• Bash/zsh, Linux
• Docker and Kubernetes
• Continuous integration and deployment
Experience with any of the following preferable:
• Mobile development experience (React Native, iOS, and Android)
• Contributing to open-source software projects
• Contributing to software communities by organizing or speaking at user groups, meetups or conferences
• Shell scripting
• Knowledge of OWASP Top Ten and SANS Top 25 vulnerabilities and ways to prevent them
• Practical knowledge of the MITRE ATT&CK framework and development of threat models and methodologies
• Practical knowledge of NIST SP 800-53 and designing compliant systems
The Promptworks team is currently 100% remote due to COVID-19. We do not plan to return to the office until city & state authorities authorize it is safe to do so.
Remote & In-office Team:
• Competitive salaries
• Bonuses and profit sharing
• 401(k) plan with company match
• 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
• 60% insurance coverage for spouses and dependents
• Employer paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
• Schedule flexibility
• Flexible spending account for child and health care
• Yearly professional development allocation
• Commuter benefits & easy access to public transit
• Ergonomic work stations including seated & standing pair programming stations
• Lunch provided twice a week
• On-site gym and intra-office recreational activities
• Bike-friendly office (shower and indoor bike parking)
• Monthly work-from-home days
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Promptworks is an organization committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. We support and protect diversity by valuing individuals and groups free from prejudice, and by fostering a climate where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic. We hold ourselves accountable to this commitment through a longstanding voluntary committee dedicated to advancing DEI within our organization.
We do not discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other difference.
Promptworks is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring an inclusive workforce.
Direct hires only
Sorry recruiters, we don't pay hiring or placement fees. Stop blowing up our phones, please.