Senior Software Engineer
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania /
Engineering – Engineer /
Technology can solve massive challenges, even the ones we haven’t yet imagined. But in 2018, poor quality software cost U.S. organizations $2.8 trillion. Promptworks raises the bar by building ingenious software that lasts. With deep technical expertise, human-centric design thinking, and transparent processes, we confidently engineer masterful products for companies such as Comcast, Twitter, Sony, URBN, IQVIA and Honeygrow.
At this time, we aren’t actively hiring for this role, but we anticipate we will be soon. Please apply if you would like to be considered as this role becomes available in the future.
About the Position
As an engineer at PromptWorks, your responsibilities would include:
• Writing quality software for clients and providing them with technical direction
• Working well in a small team and independently when necessary
• Participating in daily stand up and weekly planning & retrospective meetings
• Staying abreast of technology news, tools, and techniques
• Taking ownership of our work-product
Senior engineers have the following additional responsibilities:
• Interfacing directly with our clients, gathering their needs and managing their expectations
• Architecting, estimating and planning technical solutions to problems
• Mentoring other PromptWorks engineers and our clients’ engineers
This is a FT, on-site position that requires most days spent working in our Center City office, M - F standard working hours (with some flexibility). Relocation assistance is available.
We hire passionate, pragmatic, intelligent, well-spoken, knowledge-hungry, fun-loving people.
You should have 5+ years of professional experience with the following:
- Ruby or Python
- A variety of web frameworks (preferably including Ruby on Rails, Flask, Django, Node.js)
- Writing automated unit and feature tests
- Knowledge and appreciation of REST
- Deploying to and managing infrastructure on the cloud
- Git & GitHub
- HTML, CSS
- Relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Key/value stores (e.g. Redis)
- Bash, Linux
Experience with any of the following preferable:
- Mobile development experience (iOS and Android)
- Contributing to open-source software projects
- Contributing to software communities by organizing or speaking at user groups, meetups or conferences
- Shell scripting
- R&D time for internal projects, products, and professional development
- Paid travel for speaking at & attending conferences
- Ergonomic work stations including seated & standing pair programming stations
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Monthly work-from-home flexibility
- FSA and commuter benefits
- Collegial atmosphere with family-style lunch twice a week on us
- We value a healthy work-life balance, requiring about 30 billable hours per week
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Promptworks is an organization committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. We support and protect diversity by valuing individuals and groups free from prejudice, and by fostering a climate where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic. We hold ourselves accountable to this commitment through a longstanding voluntary committee dedicated to advancing DEI within our organization.
We do not discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other difference.
Promptworks is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring an inclusive workforce.
Direct hires only
Sorry recruiters, we don't pay hiring or placement fees. Stop blowing up our phones, please.