Senior Program Manager
Cambridge, MA /
Research & Development – Other /
Proof Diagnostics is a start-up with a mission to provide direct access to premium, affordable, lab-quality
molecular testing anytime, anywhere. Our user-friendly diagnostic system facilitates personalized
healthcare, improving the health and safety of consumers everywhere by providing actionable health
At Proof Diagnostics, we harness CRISPR-based technology to unlock powerful molecular diagnostic
testing for all. Founded in 2020, by World-renowned CRISPR pioneer, Dr. Feng Zhang, of the Broad
Institute of MIT and Harvard, Dr. Omar Abudayyeh and Dr. Jonathan Gootenberg, both McGovern
Institute fellows at MIT, the company started with COVID-19, but plans to expand its platform to address
broader healthcare challenges facing people worldwide.
If you’re interested in creating lasting change at a mission driven company, come join our talented and
growing team at Proof Diagnostics. With your help, we’ll push the boundaries of what’s possible in
molecular diagnostics to build a better, safer world.
The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for managing the execution of IVD development
programs that consist of multiple projects. Reporting to the CSO, the successful candidate will work
closely with members of the R&D team and supporting functions to achieve project goals, milestones,
and budget. The candidate will execute development programs from Concept through
Commercialization following Proof Diagnostics PDP Phase Gate process. He or She will organize the
various programs and activities to improve company efficiencies and build the milestones, timeline, and
budget associated with each research or development project.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Manage the execution of assay development, hardware and software development
● Collaborate cross-functionally to create, maintain, and execute overall project concept or scope,
functional plans, resources, budgets and timelines.
● Work with Quality to develop necessary development SOPs, templates and ensure completion
of project documentation in line with established SOPs
● Help improve project management processes including building out the templates, tools,
metrics, and dashboards to support development and monitor projects internally and externally
and improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness
The Pine Trees
Our world is
but in early
Zhang, a world-
research lab at
Institute of MIT
and Harvard, hit
pause on his
work and, along
Along with our
team that is
fueled by an
to solve difficult
ease of use,
Our first test
19 -- will enable
us to fulfill our
normalcy to our
be applied to
If this sounds
come join our
growing team at
your help, we
are excited to
what is possible
*15 vacation days;
5 sick days
Leader [why is it
fun? Why does
● Drive, track and ensure communication of project status updates and deliverables
● Identify needs for changes to plan, communicating changes and program risks to the team and
stakeholders. Facilitate tradeoff decisions and remove obstacles in response to perceived risks.
● Continuously analyze and manage risks to enable successful program execution.
● Schedule and lead phase gate reviews with Core Team and Product Steering Board.
Necessary Education and Skills
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in science or bioengineering or similar and 7+ years of
experience in the biotech/diagnostic/medical device fields
PMP certificate desired
Direct experience developing IVD products, preferably in molecular diagnostics.
● Demonstrated understanding with FDA and CE-IVD regulated product development processes
and design controls.
● Able to develop project/program budget/timeline/scope, proficient with resource management,
resource scheduling, and budgets, develop plans and communicate proposals to leadership
Familiar with molecular assay development and or CRISPR technologies, nucleic acid based
diagnostic principles and point of care diagnostic devices.
● Proficient with project planning/scheduling tools, including dependencies and critical path
● Ability to establish strong working relationships with the project team to motivate and empower
others, generate ownership, and establish commitment.
● Excellent written and communication skills