Lead Product Manager
Product Design /
We are a small group of veteran game developers and entrepreneurs creating games using blockchain technology. Our vision is simple: to create generation-defining games that fundamentally grant power and ownership to the players who play them.
Our team has decades of experience building games at the scale of 100M+ players. Our team hails from Epic Games, Zynga, EA, Riot, Scopely, THQ and Activision, where we led $1b+ franchises like FarmVille and League of Legends. We’ve also been active as founders and investors in crypto since 2013 and are backed by world-class investors.
Hear directly from our founding team: https://www.beforeyouapply.com/team/early-stage-team-at-proof-of-play
Excited to be adding to our Product Team with a Lead Product Manager. Proof of Play is committed to building fully on chain games, and the technical tools to power them, in order to facilitate autonomous worlds, ensure game longevity, and create a more immersive player experience.
We’re creating multi-generational products — games that will outlast us and are owned by the communities that play them. We are a fully remote company, built on a foundation of clear communication, respect, and collaboration. Your expertise can make a lasting impact here at Proof of Play and we’d love to connect and learn more!
As a Lead Product Manager, you will play a strategic role in shaping and delivering our product vision. We expect the right individual to be a pivotal voice to supervise the product development process from the foundation stages through until execution.
You will be a utility player role that will work cross-functionally across many areas like analytics, monetization, marketing, and design. You’ll often have to wear a few hats and have to jump in to support your team members through any obstacle thrown our way from a product perspective. As Lead Product Manager, you’ll be a senior voice on this team and the expectation will be for you to lead strategy for your peers on a daily basis. One day you may focus on financial modeling and the next could be spent on marketing analytics or crafting product requirements.
This role will touch many aspects of our products and business, and we’re excited for you to roll up your sleeves and jump right in. The Lead Product Manager role is a foundational opportunity and one where you can craft your path forward here internally.
- You’re passionate about start-ups and gaming
- You’re eager to merge those two loves into one role and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Work cross-functionally across analytics, monetization, marketing, design, and other areas as designated
- Spec and design new game features that can be processed and utilized company-wide
- Adapt between strategic, analytical, technical, and creative thinking
- Consistently leveraging data to inform product decisions and guide business strategy
- Model out business cases, revenue projections, and other analyses
- Communicate insights and recommendations proactively to executives
- Own key initiatives end-to-end from conception to launch [accountability and ownership]
What You'll Bring...
- 6+ years experience in product management working on games
- Strong analytical skills to process information provided from stakeholders
- Extensive experience managing the conception, development, testing, and launch of a new product
- Ability to be hands on and creative with new feature development
- Track record of shipping features that achieve business goals
- Cross-functional collaboration skills and executive presentation abilities
- Strong understanding of F2P games and loops
- Free to play mobile games experience [preferred]
- Not necessary, but we'd love if you had: background in growth marketing (data science, or analytics as well), experience in the blockchain, crypto, or web3 space, leadership experience at a high growth startup
$190,000 - $240,000 a year
Benefits and perks
- Fully-remote with flexible hours & location
- Top-tier medical insurance with 100% premium covered for both you and your partner (US-only)
- Generous remote-setup package with a brand new Mac or PC
- Paid parental leave
- Fun and exciting company retreats
- Flexible vacation policy
Have a quick question about the role? Email us at email@example.com and we'll get back to you within two days.
A final thought from our founder, Amitt, "Everyone is a player of games, and we believe that ideally starts with our team. We foster a diverse set of voices and want our team to represent the diversity of those who play our games. We believe that a wide range of perspectives will lead to a more creative and inclusive game culture. This is vital to our business—and it’s at the heart of what we do. Even if you’re new to this realm, we genuinely encourage you to apply. "