Engine and Tools Engineer
United States /
We are a small group of veteran game developers and entrepreneurs creating games using blockchain technology. Our vision is simple: to create generation-defining games that fundamentally grant power and ownership to the players who play them.
Our team has decades of experience building games at the scale of 100M+ players. Our team hails from Epic Games, Zynga, EA, Riot, Scopely, THQ and Activision, where we led $1b+ franchises like FarmVille and League of Legends. We’ve also been active as founders and investors in crypto since 2013 and are backed by world-class investors.
Hear directly from our founding team: https://www.beforeyouapply.com/team/early-stage-team-at-proof-of-play
Excited to be adding to our engineering team with an Engine and Tools Engineer. Proof of Play is committed to building fully on chain games, and the technical tools to power them, in order to facilitate autonomous worlds, ensure game longevity, and create a more immersive player experience. We’re creating multi-generational products — games that will outlast us and are owned by the communities that play them.
We are a fully remote company, built on a foundation of clear communication, respect, and collaboration. Your expertise can make a lasting impact here at Proof of Play and we’d love to connect and learn more.
- You're a collaborative team player ready to tackle a new side of the gaming industry
- You're work well in a remote-first environment and are able to communicate with your team members through a variety of mediums provided
- You are passionate about video games and video game experiences
What You'll Bring...
- Strong full-stack Web development experience
- Frontend development experience with tools like React
- Experience with data modeling with noSQL and SQL databases
- Some experience with smart contract dev using Solidity preferred
- Experience with common blockchain testing libraries like Foundry and hardhat preferred
- Experience with TheGraph or similar indexing technologies preferred
- Experience with OpenZeppelin Defender preferred
$130,000 - $180,000 a year
Benefits and perks
- Fully-remote with flexible hours & location
- Top-tier medical insurance with 100% premium covered for both you and your partner (US-only)
- Generous remote-setup package with a brand new Mac or PC
- Paid parental leave
- Fun and exciting company retreats
- Flexible vacation policy
Have a quick question about the role? Email us at email@example.com and we'll get back to you within two days.
A final thought from our founder, Amitt, "Everyone is a player of games, and we believe that ideally starts with our team. We foster a diverse set of voices and want our team to represent the diversity of those who play our games. We believe that a wide range of perspectives will lead to a more creative and inclusive game culture. This is vital to our business—and it’s at the heart of what we do. Even if you’re new to this realm, we genuinely encourage you to apply. "