Lead Game Engineer
We are a small group of veteran game developers and entrepreneurs creating games using blockchain technology. Our vision is simple: to create generation-defining games that fundamentally grant power and ownership to the players who play them.
Our team has decades of experience building games at the scale of 100M+ players. Our team hails from Epic Games, Zynga, EA, and Activision, where we led $1b+ franchises like “FarmVille”and “Mafia Wars.” We’ve also been active as founders and investors in crypto since 2013 and are backed by world-class investors.
Hear directly from our founding team: https://www.beforeyouapply.com/team/early-stage-team-at-proof-of-play
What’s in it for you?
If you are passionate about NFTs and believe in their power to change gaming, culture, and ultimately ownership as whole, then we’d love for you to join us.
Hands-on experience and key role in creating a game in Web3, the cutting edge area of gaming which includes blockchain, crypto and NFTs.
Working across our entire technology stack with hands on mentorship from senior / veteran engineers that have shipped products that have scaled to 100m+ users.
What You'll Do:
- Work with CEO to define game client architecture and requirements
- Architect and own our game client development process
- Work closely with art, design, and production to develop gameplay systems and features
- Help recruit other members of the gameplay engineering team
- Ensure that our game client runs smoothly on as many user computing environments as possible
- Direct the technical architecture of what we're building
What You'll Need:
- 3D graphics experience
- Thought partner level
- Experience building either web or mobile games
- Ability to build a game from a blank screen on up
- Experience with isometric, voxels a plus
- Webgl and other web engines a plus
Benefits and perks
Fully-remote with flexible hours & location
Top-tier medical insurance with 100% premium covered for both you and your partner (US-only)
Generous remote-setup package with a brand new Mac or PC
Paid parental leave
Fun and exciting company retreats
Flexible vacation policy
Have a quick question about the role? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you within two days.
A final thought from our founders, Amitt and Mark. "Everyone is a player of games, and we believe that ideally starts with our team. We foster a diverse set of voices and want our team to represent the diversity of those who play our games. We believe that a wide range of perspectives will lead to a more creative and inclusive game culture. This is vital to our business—and it’s at the heart of what we do. Even if you’re new to this realm, we genuinely encourage you to apply. "