We are a small group of veteran game developers and entrepreneurs creating games using blockchain technology. Our vision is simple: to create generation-defining games that fundamentally grant power and ownership to the players who play them.
Our team has decades of experience building games at the scale of 100M+ players. Our team hails from Epic Games, Zynga, EA, and Activision, where we led $1b+ franchises like “FarmVille”and “Mafia Wars.” We’ve also been active as founders and investors in crypto since 2013 and are backed by world-class investors.
Hear directly from our founding team: https://www.beforeyouapply.com/team/early-stage-team-at-proof-of-play
The contract Unity Artist, reporting to the Art Director, will focus primarily on the following:
- Integrating models and textures into the Unity project.
- Assisting with prototyping creating particle VFX within Unity,
- Providing technical support to the art team when production issues may occur.
This unique contract opportunity will more than likely lead to additional work as we make progress on our project, Pirate Nation.
What You'll Do:
- Work with artists and engineers to integrate art assets into Unity and get them looking and functioning their best.
- Partner with engineers to complete any Unity bug-fixing
- Developing technical tools and solutions to solve performance issues while executing artistic and game vision.
- Identify and develop art-pipeline optimizations and tools for new and existing production workflow.
- Optimize memory and game performance by realizing artistic and gameplay intentions within project constraints.
- Implement technical art features, such as material shaders and VFX, with the help of the programming team.
- Offer technical support to the art team in day-by-day production issues.
What You'll Need:
- Unity related knowledge and skills regarding visuals; VFX, transform animations, lighting, and shader development.
- Experience and skill with additional graphics software; Photoshop, Maya or Blender.
- VoxEdit and/or MagicaVoxel experience is a plus.
- Creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Sense of humor and fun.
- Please attach a portfolio link including sketches/drawing examples
Benefits and perks
- Fully-remote with flexible hours & location
- Top-tier medical insurance with 100% premium covered for both you and your partner (US-only)
- Generous remote-setup package with a brand new Mac or PC
- Paid parental leave
- Fun and exciting company retreats
- Flexible vacation policy
Have a quick question about the role? Email us at email@example.com and we'll get back to you within two days.
A final thought from our founder, Amitt, "Everyone is a player of games, and we believe that ideally starts with our team. We foster a diverse set of voices and want our team to represent the diversity of those who play our games. We believe that a wide range of perspectives will lead to a more creative and inclusive game culture. This is vital to our business—and it’s at the heart of what we do. Even if you’re new to this realm, we genuinely encourage you to apply. "