Senior React Native Engineer (Mobile) (Multiple positions open)
Technology – Engineering /
Full-Time Employee /
As a Senior Software Engineer at Prosper, you will be a vital contributor to our mobile application development team. Collaborating closely with a group of talented engineers, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and delivering high-quality mobile cross-platform solutions for our diverse range of products. Leveraging your expertise in React Native, you will play a pivotal role in crafting innovative mobile applications that offer a seamless user experience across various platforms and devices. Your responsibilities will encompass building robust and scalable code, integrating with APIs, optimizing app performance, and upholding stringent quality standards through comprehensive testing and debugging. You will work collaboratively with other teams at Prosper to bring their products to mobile platforms, striving to provide cutting-edge solutions that surpass customer expectations and drive the growth and success of Prosper.
Problems You Will Solve
- Develop and maintain a highly available mobile app using React Native on top of Prosper APIs.
- Influence the roadmap and tech stacks for future mobile apps/flows in the company using native or cross-platform or a combination.
- Build and maintain a cross platform solution in React Native that works with GraphQL and Restful APIs
- Maintain a high level of quality in our code bases through well-written automated tests and good architecture and code review practices
- Work with teams to design and implement new user-facing features
- Investigate the use of ML to enhance user flows.
- Work with a team of passionate, smart, and ambitious engineers who are working on building large scale systems at Prosper Marketplace
- Learn from and help shape our company's engineering culture
- Take ownership, champion best practices, and help grow one of the strongest engineering teams in San Francisco
All About You
- BS in EE/CS with 8+ years of experience or 6+ years with a MS in EE/CS or other applicable disciplines
- Experience developing and deploying an app to the Apple App Store and Google Play App Store using React Native.
- Ability to work with GraphQL and/or RESTful services
- Hands-on with code, ability to build frameworks and lead by example.
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals such as algorithms, OO design, and distributed systems architecture.
- Experience programming with the Swift Language on iOS and Kotlin Language on Android is a plus.
- Experience creating User Interfaces with SwiftUI and/or UIKit on iOS and Jetpack Compose on Android is a plus.
- Experience with ReactJS or Vue.js or Next.js is a plus.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative, fun, and driven colleagues on products that have an immediate and significant impact on people's lives
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible time off, comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, paid parental leave
- Wellness benefits including access to mental health resources, virtual HIIT and yoga workouts
- A bevy of other perks including Udemy access, childcare assistance, pet insurance discounts, legal assistance, and additional discounts.
$139,000 - $200,000 a year
Compensation details: The salary for this position is $139,000 - $200,000 annually, plus bonus and generous benefits. In determining your salary, we will consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
About Our Technology Team
We are growing our Technology team to support our various financial products. The ideal candidate is passionate about learning the Fintech domain and delivering cutting-edge, high-quality solutions to solve business problems. We utilize a progressive, test-driven, Agile development methodology that places a high premium on communication, teamwork, sound design and clean implementation.
Founded in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer marketplace lending platform in the U.S., Prosper was built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those who want to invest. Since inception, Prosper has helped more than a million people gain access to affordable credit with over $25 billion in loans originated through its platform. Our mission is to help our customers advance their financial well-being through a variety of products including personal loans, credit, home equity lines of credit (HELOC), and our newest product, HELoan. Our diverse culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork because we believe this encourages innovative thinking and helps us deliver on our mission.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best, and we are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere. It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission, and core values. Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all!
Diversity expands opportunities
Collaboration creates better solutions
Curiosity fuels our innovation
Integrity defines all our relationships
Excellence leads to longevity
Simplicity guides our user experience
Accountability at all levels drives results
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
California applicants: please click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice for Applicants, which describes your rights under the CCPA: https://www.prosper.com/plp/legal/privacy-notice-for-applicants/
At Prosper, we're looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.