Infrastructure Security Engineer
Technology – Information Security /
Full-Time Employee /
We're looking for a Security Engineer with a strong focus on cloud security, particularly within Google Cloud Platform (GCP). The ideal candidate should have in-depth expertise in data and infrastructure security in cloud environments, using GCP tools and technologies. As a vital member of our security team, you'll work across functions to proactively prevent, detect, and respond to threats against our cloud-based infrastructure, primarily within GCP. Join our expanding team of skilled security professionals dedicated to innovating and securing Prosper's cloud platforms, utilizing GCP tools for the benefit of our customers and employees.
Problems You Will Solve
- Supporting the organization with comprehensive data security and vulnerability management practices in cloud environments, utilizing specialized GCP security solutions.
- Crafting personalized security automation solutions, especially using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools.
- Detecting and resolving security misconfigurations within GCP while ensuring compliance with regulations such as PCI and SOC1 and 2.
- Developing and maintaining security documentation, guidelines, and procedures specifically designed for GCP environments.
- Actively contributing to enhancing monitoring capabilities and bolstering security strategies across various cloud and data center environments.
- Actively participating in an on-call rotation for addressing security incidents within GCP, including triaging, assessing, and remediating reported security vulnerabilities.
- Developing comprehensive runbooks for security incident response using Chronicle to guide the security operations team in incident detection, investigation, and response processes.
All About You
- A minimum of 3 years of cloud security experience, demonstrating proficiency in using GCP security tools.
- Proficiency in scripting with Python for automating security-related tasks in GCP environments.
- Practical experience in implementing security as code specifically within GCP settings using tools like Terraform.
- Extensive knowledge of GCP security concepts, technologies, and best practices. Experience in writing runbooks using Chronicle.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, exceptional written and verbal communication, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Preferred certifications such as Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer or relevant GCP security certifications.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative, fun, and driven colleagues on products that have an immediate and significant impact on people's lives
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible time off, comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, paid parental leave
- Wellness benefits including access to mental health resources, virtual HIIT and yoga workouts
- A bevy of other perks including Udemy access, childcare assistance, pet insurance discounts, legal assistance, and additional discounts.
$132,000 - $150,000 a year
Compensation details: The salary for this position is $132k - $150k annually, plus bonus and generous benefits. In determining your salary, we will consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
About Our Technology Team
We are growing our Technology team to support our various financial products. The ideal candidate is passionate about learning the Fintech domain and delivering cutting-edge, high-quality solutions to solve business problems. We utilize a progressive, test-driven, Agile development methodology that places a high premium on communication, teamwork, sound design and clean implementation.
Founded in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer marketplace lending platform in the U.S., Prosper was built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those who want to invest. Since inception, Prosper has helped more than a million people gain access to affordable credit with over $23 billion in loans originated through its platform. Our mission is to help our customers advance their financial well-being through a variety of products including personal loans, credit, home equity lines of credit (HELOC), and our newest product, HELoan. Our diverse culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork because we believe this encourages innovative thinking and helps us deliver on our mission.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best, and we are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere. It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission, and core values. Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all!
Diversity expands opportunities
Collaboration creates better solutions
Curiosity fuels our innovation
Integrity defines all our relationships
Excellence leads to longevity
Simplicity guides our user experience
Accountability at all levels drives results
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
California applicants: please click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice for Applicants, which describes your rights under the CCPA: https://www.prosper.com/plp/legal/privacy-notice-for-applicants/
At Prosper, we're looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.