Birmingham, AL /
Legal – Legal Support /
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Whether it’s in accounting, claims, IT, investments, legal, marketing, sales, or another department, come be part of a company where you can accomplish your goals while contributing to our social mission of becoming America’s most protective insurance company.
Protective Life Corporation has an opening for a legal support position to work in the Legal Department in the Birmingham, Alabama corporate office. Success in this position requires strong research/writing skills, organizational/management skills, aptitude to learn quickly, motivation, and a demonstrated ability for handling details.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the legal field, financial institution or related professional environment.
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability and willingness to adapt to and learn new technology
- Extensive experience and strong proficiency using computer software including: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent research, writing, and organizational skills
- Self-motivation and great attention to detail
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills to ensure accurate proofreading, and ability to analyze documents for accuracy
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with all levels of employees and external constituents
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and prioritize work accordingly
- Integrity and strong interpersonal skills
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.