Network Security Analyst II
Birmingham, AL /
Information Technology (IT) – IS and Cyber Security /
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Whether it’s in accounting, claims, IT, investments, legal, marketing, sales, or another department, come be part of a company where you can accomplish your goals while contributing to our social mission of becoming America’s most protective insurance company.
The Network Security Analyst’s role is to ensure the secure operation of the in-house computer systems, servers, appliances and network connections. This includes checking security appliance logs, scrutinizing network traffic, and troubleshooting where needed. This person will also analyze and resolve vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and conduct user activity audits where required.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee enforcement of security policies, procedures and associated plans for network security based on industry-standard best practices.
- Assess need for any security configuration (minor or significant) or architectural changes and execute as needed.
- Integrate strategy with security alerts and issues.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security enhancement and development efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to obtain protection services and products.
- Deploy Cisco Meraki devices to remote telecommuting work force.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform security improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases.
- Configure, maintain and administer Cisco Meraki telecommuter and VPN firewall environments.
- Configure, administer IPSec and SSL Virtual Private Networks environments.
- Configure, administer Broadcom Proxy environments.
- Administer Web Certificate issuance and health maintenance.
- Administer and maintain server environments supporting 2-factor authentication, radius proxy and Internet Authentication Service (IAS).
- Administer and maintain server environments supporting self service password resets and password synchronization.
- Administer and support change control processes for firewall and proxy configuration changes.
- Cloud based application management and administration
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in the field of information security or 2 year equivalent work experience.
- Hands-on technical knowledge of network systems, protocols, and standards such as Ethernet, LAN, WAN, Internet Service Provider (ISP) technologies, TCP/IP, and 802.1x.
- Hardware, software, and network connection troubleshooting experience.
- Cloud based appliance and application networking knowledge is preferred.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards.
- Ability to conduct research into security issues and products as required.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving abilities. Intuition and keen instincts to pre-empt attacks.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate power tools, computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.