Enterprise Integration Software Engineer
Birmingham, AL /
Information Technology (IT) – Application Development /
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Whether it’s in accounting, claims, IT, investments, legal, marketing, sales, or another department, come be part of a company where you can accomplish your goals while contributing to our social mission of becoming America’s most protective insurance company.
The Software Engineer Candidate should have a passion for designing, developing, testing, and implementing enterprise software systems. They will work closely with Product Owners, business analysts, customers and other technical teams to write user stories that will ensure the customer’s business needs and expectations as well as enterprise goals are met in a timely and cost-effective manner. Software Engineer responsibilities include mentoring, clarifying user requirements, defining system functionality and creating secure and easy to maintain software applications. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the entire software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to testing and deployment. This position will be part of a growing team of developers and analysts who are dedicated to doing things the “right way”, always striving to leave something better than they found it and have fun doing it.
Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrates a thorough, detailed working knowledge of relevant technologies. Responsible for implementing those technologies in current or new systems.
- The Candidate should demonstrate the ability to execute the full SDLC.
- Strong track record of working with business customers and implementing solutions/processes to capitalize on business opportunities.
- Requires programming skill and aptitude needed to solve difficult technical problems. Must produce well-designed and efficient code with appropriate unit test coverage.
- Requires ability to learn when and how to employ low-code engineering platforms in lieu of custom code.
- Must be self- motivated, able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- The Candidate must take personal responsibility for work they have committed to as well as ongoing professional development and growth.
- Requires oral and written communication skills necessary to facilitate clear communication with peers and customers.
- Should be able to produce clear diagrams of developed solutions. Provides thorough and complete documentation for all programming changes and enhancements.
- Provides appropriate feedback to peers, support teams, and management. Willingly shares and assists in the development skills of others.
- Minimum of 4 years of overall development or analytical experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience using and developing in the MuleSoft Platform required
- Experience creating RESTful Web services required
- Experience with modern Database technologies required (SQL Server preferred)
- MuleSoft Developer Certification preferred
- Experience with Azure B2C or Azure AD preferred
- Experience with Business Process Management platforms such as RabbitMQ, Azure Service Bus and Azure B2C/Azure AD preferred.
- Experience in a Service Oriented/Microservices environment preferred
- Distributed and Asynchronous Design and Development preferred
- CQRS and Message Queuing/AMQP knowledge preferred
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.