Customer Service Representative I
Chesterfield, MO /
Customer Experience – Customer Support/Operations Generalist /
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Whether it’s in accounting, claims, IT, investments, legal, marketing, sales, or another department, come be part of a company where you can accomplish your goals while contributing to our social mission of becoming America’s most protective insurance company.
The Customer Service Rep is responsible for providing prompt, courteous, and professional service to Contract Holders, Sales Representative, Agents, Dealers, Lien Holders and other internal or external customers. Overall, in this role you will work with the team to meet individual and department goals by engaging in continuous learning opportunities, provided by Protective.
- Provide excellent customer service via telephone inquiries related to service contracts, GAP claims, claim status, claim payment, repair policies and procedures, contract terms and other miscellaneous requests. -
- Review, analyze and answer complex requests from both internal and external customers (e.g. contract and policyholders, agents, and internal departments).
- Manage detailed communication with customer, while maintaining high level of service using active listening, communication, and call management skills. -
- Works with team to meet team and department goals.
- Engage in continuous learning opportunities (provided by Protective).
- College Degree not required but recommended.
- High school diploma/ GED require. Some college preferred
- Computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Automotive dealership or business development center experience is helpful but not required (this knowledge will be provided through training).
- Prior customer service experience in a call center environment
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers. Must possess good organizational skills and be able to work independently when necessary. Bilingual is a plus.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
This is a work-from-home position, however, you must reside in the St. Louis, MO area.
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.