Application Administrator, Enterprise Data
Remote, AL /
Information Technology (IT) – Computer Systems Administration /
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Whether it’s in accounting, claims, IT, investments, legal, marketing, sales, or another department, come be part of a company where you can accomplish your goals while contributing to our social mission of becoming America’s most protective insurance company.
The ideal candidate for Application Administrator is a self-starter responsible for installing, managing, and supporting vendor-purchased applications administered by the Enterprise Solution Delivery (ESD) team. This role will be responsible for managing the full application lifecycle for each application, building and maintaining roadmaps, managing upgrades, setting and managing security policies, defining and testing disaster recovery plans, and providing application support. Additionally, the Application Administrator will build close partnerships with business departments and gain a solid understanding of business process, workflows, and data requirements for each application. The selected candidate will analyze the performance of all supported applications, implement solutions to optimize performance, and will ensure that applications are available during agreed upon availability windows. The position will work within the Agile framework.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience installing and supporting vendor-purchased applications
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to multitask
- Institutional knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to understand complex business needs
- Understanding of database access, security, and database methodology
- Fundamental understanding of servers/virtual machines, network topology, firewalls, DMZs, Single Sign On (SSO), Kerberos, Azure, Active Directory, and LDAP authentication
- Experience in administering the following applications preferred: Profisee/Maestro MDM Platform, SAS Enterprise, SAP Business Objects, SAP Data Services, BIxPress Server, Pyramid Analytics, Erwin Data Governance, Qlik Replicate & Compose (a.k.a. Attunity), Mulesoft, Power BI
- Candidates with experience in managing other enterprise data reporting/analytics applications, data science platforms, data replication software, MDM/RDM solutions and data quality products also will be considered
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.