Birmingham, AL /
Information Technology (IT) – Business Systems /
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Whether it’s in accounting, claims, IT, investments, legal, marketing, sales, or another department, come be part of a company where you can accomplish your goals while contributing to our social mission of becoming America’s most protective insurance company.
As a representative of Protective Life, the Product Owner position will be accountable for Enterprise Document Management and Workflow roadmap and solution delivery. The position will serve as a liaison between both business and development teams to drive effective, timely solutions that meet operational objectives and strategic business initiatives. The position will interface regularly with business stakeholders, project managers, business analysts, application teams, infrastructure teams, Enterprise Architecture, and other areas as required and across multiple geographical locations.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and business relationship managers to convert strategy and priorities into tangible business requirements, prototypes, design concepts and product roadmaps.
- Develops, owns, and executes product roadmap.
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders.
- Groom the work in the backlog in collaboration with the development teams.
- Work with development teams to hold sprint planning, define sprint goals, direct focus and prepare for sprint review.
- Own and manage the intake process for business requests.
- Evaluate completed user stories to ensure the acceptance criteria is met prior to delivering to business stakeholders.
- Coordinate the involvement of key stakeholders in Agile ceremonies across the development teams.
- Continuously reviews business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones/deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Partners with stakeholders across the organization to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritization.
- Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance.
- Coordinates and facilitates Quarterly planning sessions.
- Develops and maintains documentation that effectively support and communicates the roadmap, processes, and results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Project Manager or Business Analyst role.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile methodology and proven ability to transform complex problems into stories.
- Demonstrated Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire/drive collaboration and alignment.
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability.
- Certifications in industry-related or discipline-related organizations are desirable.
- Sound understanding of software development life cycle and successful management of multiple full lifecycle projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Experience leading all Agile ceremonies, including sprint planning, review, demo, and stand-up sessions.
- Experience owning a product roadmap, crafting product requirements and specifications.
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically.
- Experience creating use cases and technically-focused specifications, data flow diagrams, etc.
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.