Filecoin China Program Manager
Operations – Filecoin
Protocol Labs is seeking a Business Development team member, our first who will focus entirely on Filecoin’s strategic initiatives and community in China, one of Filecoin’s most valuable markets.
This person will shape and grow Filecoin’s existing organic active community in China, and build our Business Development program in China from the ground up. In addition to coordinating with internal stakeholders at Filecoin, this person will be responsible for managing initiatives that reach all of Filecoin’s Chinese constituents including investors, miners, users, developers, community ambassadors, and token holders. In many ways, this person will act as a direct representative to the Chinese community on behalf of Filecoin.
As the Filecoin China Program Manager at Protocol Labs you will…
- Own Filecoin’s strategic business development roadmap in China, reaching miners, users, developers, investors, community members and ambassadors, potential partners, token-holders, and more
- Work with community ambassadors, tech groups, universities, tech companies, and other collaborators and organizers to cultivate a thriving community in China
- Develop meetups, educational initiatives, events, and other programs that will evangelize Filecoin’s technology in China
- Initiate, build and develop relationships with potential partner tech companies in China, including hardware, software, and developer organizations
- Manage relationships with Chinese crypto infrastructure partners including exchanges, wallets, mining partners, and more
- Communicate with and monitor Chinese news and media organizations to guide the narrative around Filecoin, IPFS, and Protocol Labs in China
- Manage internal Chinese translation efforts for Filecoin website content, communications, and open-source software
- Construct and execute Filecoin’s overall PR and Comms strategy in China, including engaging social and online channels, as well as distribution of translated Filecoin updates and content throughout Chinese media, in line with Filecoin’s overall marketing strategy
- Meet and work with major Chinese Filecoin investors to understand their needs, relay network updates, and support the Filecoin network’s development in China
- Have a pulse on the region’s sentiment around Filecoin and IPFS (including regulatory sentiment); report updates and recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Work with internal legal team to gracefully navigate the changing regulatory environment in China
- Represent PL, our values and culture, through the interactions you have with Filecoin constituents in China, enjoying a travel component to the region
You may be a fit for this role if you have...
- Cryptocurrency experience in China, ideally and primarily working with mining communities (working with developers and users is also relevant, but secondary)
- Experience managing a go-to-market or other strategic initiative for a U.S. tech company in China
- A nuanced understanding of doing business in China via experience in business development, marketing, or community management
- Solid existing relationships and contacts in the Chinese crypto and blockchain communities throughout China
- An understanding of how to work in compliance with regulators when it comes to launching emerging tech platforms in China
- Deep flexibility and creativity with the ability to adapt to fast-changing needs and prioritize work in a high-demand position
- Tact and the ability to build relationships and processes with cross-functional teammates
- Great communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Experience with fully remote, distributed organizations
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.