Enablement – Events
Protocol Labs is looking for a hard-working, logistics-oriented person who is passionate about being a key member of a small but mighty Event Team. As a member of the Protocol Labs Events Team, you will be responsible for planning all aspects of both internal and external events including quarterly team meetings, annual company wide meetings, open source and developer conferences, and additional events within the US as well as internationally. The Events Team create exciting, inspiring, and productive Protocol Labs events, and also provides support for our team members attending other events and conferences.
- Collaborate with Project Teams and Support Teams to determine needs for each individual meeting or event
- Research and communicate with unique venues in domestic and international locations
- Research and secure accommodations and workspaces for smaller team meetings
- Negotiate and manage group hotel blocks for team travel
- Track event expenses and manage budget
- Coordinate domestic and international travel logistics
- Perform event marketing tasks and community outreach for major external events
- Oversee event timeline to ensure deadlines are met and materials are ordered and delivered
- Plan pre-event logistics including management of event registration and lists of attendees, securing vendors, coordinating catering, A/V, layouts, and coordination with venues.
- Some travel will be required to larger, complex events that need an Event team member onsite.
- Day of Event execution including set-up/breakdown, coordination of vendors, registration, managing event schedule, trouble-shooting, etc.
- Provide additional event support such swag shipments, ordering work supplies, coordinating additional events (team dinners, speaker receptions, etc.)
- 2 years of event coordination and marketing experience in the technology industry
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience providing exemplary customer service under pressure
- Exceptional people skillsExcellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to plan and deliver against hard and fast deadlines
- Creative problem solver
- Experience planning events internationally
- Experience working remotely and with partners across multiple international time zones
- Comfortable with 15-20% travel
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, especially in a related field
- You have fluency in G Suite, Trello, Github, Slack and Splashthat
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.