Research Scientist, CryptoEconLab
Remote - Research Development /
Research Development /
We seek to hire a Cryptoeconomic Research Scientist to further our research and understanding in the field of cryptoeconomics.
CryptoEconLab at PL aspires to become a research hub for research on economic incentives, coordination games, and novel marketplaces. We aim to develop capacity to design, validate, deploy, and govern large-scale economic systems. CryptoEconLab strives to empower projects in the ecosystem through novel incentives and advance humanity’s understanding of multiagent systems and algorithmic steering of economic networks.
As a Cryptoeconomic Research Scientist you will…
- Participate in cutting-edge cryptoeconomic research, design, and analysis.
- Develop novel incentive systems and protocols while studying and learning from existing ones.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to validate design specifications and turn research into implementations.
- Analyze existing incentive systems and propose improvements to policy design.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Network Science, Robotics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field with relevant research experience.
- Experience in contributing to research communities and/or efforts, including publications in relevant journals or conferences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Highly-Valued Bonus Points:
- PhD in Computer Science, Network Science, Robotics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field with relevant research experience.
- Experience with building and deploying large-scale networks and systems.
- Familiarity with cryptography and distributed systems.
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute on research agenda.
- Experience in setting up and/or managing research collaborations or contractors.
- Prior entrepreneurial experience.
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.