Research – Project Management /
We seek a Research Project Manager to support and coordinate our research on problems within the field of consensus while assembling a team of world-class researchers.
Research at Protocol Labs
We’re not an ordinary Research Lab. We’re working hard to build the core protocols of the decentralized web pursuant to our vision for the future of the Internet. As part of our research team, you’ll be enabling outcomes at the forefront of our mission. Our research team is granted both the freedom to develop knowledge by working on novel applications and a responsibility to contribute those skills toward advancing the flagship projects of Protocol Labs and the research endeavors of leading institutions in the field. You’ll feel at home working with us if your knowledge and optimism enable you to craft creative solutions working around evolving needs.
What will the ConsensusLab do
The goal of ConsensusLab will be to focus on long-term research problems facing Filecoin and other Protocol Labs projects related to secure, scalable consensus mechanisms.
As ConsensusLab Lead you will…
- Coordinate with teammates across the research and project teams to drive progress against the goals we want ConsensusLab to accomplish, driving consensus research to support multiple autonomous projects within the company
- Track and coordinate the known problems that must be solved to hit those goals, the proposed solutions to those problems, the interactions and constraints that proposed solutions have on each other, and the effects design requirements have on proposed solutions.
- Assemble a team of researchers to drive progress against these problems.
You may be a fit for this role if you have...
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- A familiarity with consensus research, in which you explored security or scalability of a system with byzantine or rational actors
- A love of supporting others in their efforts to learn and push the boundaries of human knowledge
- You’ve applied game theory, mechanism design, or agent-based modeling to fault tolerant system
- You’ve previously managed a team of researchers working on novel consensus algorithms
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.