Protocol Engineer, CryptoEconLab
Remote - Research Development /
Research Development /
We seek to hire a Protocol Engineer to design and prototype new cryptoeconomic systems as part of CryptoEconLab.
CryptoEconLab at PL aspires to become a research hub for research on economic incentives, coordination games, and novel marketplaces. We aim to develop capacity to design, validate, deploy, and govern large-scale economic systems. CryptoEconLab strives to empower projects in the ecosystem through novel incentives and advance humanity’s understanding of multiagent systems and algorithmic steering of economic networks.
As a Protocol Engineer you will…
- Gather project requirements and design novel incentive structures.
- Develop specifications and flow diagrams for system design.
- Validate new system design through simulation.
- Prototype applications or cryptoeconomic systems.
- Compose existing Web3 primitives into new systems and applications.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Network Science, Robotics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field, or extensive practical experience.
- Strong experience and familiarity with high performance distributed systems and Web3.
- Proven experience in developing robust, reusable, and maintainable code.
- Demonstrable background in security or cryptography.
- Familiarity with statistics, data science workflows, and system engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and chart new territories.
- Participate in and contribute to Open Source projects.
Highly-Valued Bonus Points:
- PhD in Computer Science, Network Science, Robotics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field.
- Experience with building and deploying large-scale networks and systems.
- Experience with building Web3 applications and blockchain technologies.
- Prior entrepreneurial experience.
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.