Tax Operations Lead
Remote - PL Corp /
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As the Tax Operations Lead, you will have overall responsibility for federal, state & local and international tax compliance, manage the preparation of the Company’s tax provision, manage any tax audits, and support employment tax matters. As a key member of the Finance team, you will be expected to take a hands-on role in the company’s tax matters.
The person in this role will report to the Head of Tax, and interact with senior management and colleagues in Accounting, FP&A, Legal and PeopleOps to identify opportunities to manage the company’s effective tax rate, sharing of best practices, and standardization of processes and reporting.
- Supervising the preparation of international, federal and state tax returns, quarterly estimates and annual extensions
- Assisting with calculation and review of the company’s tax provision Managing any tax auditsAssisting with tax planning strategies
- Performing research, coordinating special projects and advising management regarding the tax impact of potential transactions
- Ensuring the company’s compliance with all accounting policies
- Supporting corporate structuring projects to support global growth
- Automating the compliance and provision process where practicable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA or Masters in Taxation preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of tax experience with a Big Four Accounting firm or a combination of Big 4 and private industry tax experience
- Experience with tax and accounting treatment of digital assets
- Experience with high-growth companies and funds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Business Acumen
- Ability to drive projects and manage project teams
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- In-depth analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.