Manager of Budgets and Proposals
Business Development /
We opened our doors with a clear and simple vision: to provide the worldwide clinical research industry with professional services that demonstrate the highest level of experience, quality, and integrity. Since 1996, ProTrials has supported research that has led to ground-breaking treatments and solutions in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries.
What fuels our focus? Most of us entered the clinical research field to help patients, caregivers, or maybe even our loved ones. We show up every day committed to do work that matters. When you join ProTrials, you will join a collaborative community helping to build a healthier world.
We also understand your need to balance a meaningful workload with life’s every-day moments. At ProTrials, we know that this makes our employees happier, healthier, and more successful.
The Manager of Budgets and Proposals is responsible for working with Business Development in management and preparation of bids and proposals in response to qualified client requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for information ( RFIs) for ProTrials Research.
- To manage all aspects of budgets and proposals for potential clients based on RFPs
- To review RFPs and RFIs, identify key information for proposal text and budget and to work closely with key operational and business development staff to ensure quality and delivery of the assigned project
- Manage and support writing, researching and completing BID proposals
- Organize and manage meetings/teleconferences to discuss proposal and budget strategy and to define any additional information required from client
- Revise proposal and budget templates as required
- Perform Quality Control edits for all budgets and proposals and ensure finalization of documents and delivery to customer and internal departments
- Devise tools to support the Project Managers and Client Managers with respect to budget management
- Use existing budget management tools to mine data for future bids
- Work with vendors to obtain and review quotes as part of the bid process
- Maintain and update a database of current and potential vendors
- Work with Project Managers, Client Managers and members of the management team to prepare and negotiate scope changes to projects as deemed necessary
- Assist with maintenance and report generation in existing customer relationship management tools
- Maintains confidentiality of client and ProTrials financial and proprietary information
- To support the business development team in all other tasks associated with generation and award of new business
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications with an emphasis in Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and efficiently meet deadlines
- Ability to use sound judgment in decision making that may impact Business Development operations
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work overtime as required by business needs
- Capabilities for creative thought
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS Degree, preferably in Business Development, Life Sciences, Marketing or Communications
- Knowledge of the clinical research industry
- Minimum of 3 years bid and proposal experience in the CRO industry; or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in financial analysis or business development, in the pharmaceutical or CRO industry
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive pay
- Career growth
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefit packages
- Commuter benefits
- Legal benefits
- The best coworkers, if we do say so ourselves
ProTrials Research, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. ProTrials does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment based on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), pregnancy, and childbirth or related medical conditions (including genetic characteristics), genetic information, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, marital status, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.