Engineering – General /
Provi is innovating the 240-billion dollar alcohol industry—do you want to be part of something game-changing? We were a hungry team in 2016 when we started and we’re still a hungry team, living our values—Host, Serve, Deliver and Celebrate—every day. We make sure that as the company grows, our people grow too and we’d love to have you on board.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. But guess what? No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. Trust your experience and apply!
The cornerstone of Provi's engineering organization is autonomy. We strive to create highly independent and autonomous teams. To enable that, we are looking for independent, creative, and autonomous Engineering Managers to lead our teams.
We are a small group of highly capable engineers who value autonomy, good judgment, and timely execution. We work hard to strike the careful balance of delivering high-quality products rapidly that are also well-architected and sustainable long term. Our products are delivered and evaluated iteratively with a singular focus on finding the very best outcomes for our users and their business.
As an engineering manager, you are responsible for creating and reinforcing this culture within your team. You'll collaborate with people across the organization to define success, work with your team to understand how we achieve that with software, and help your team do the best work of their careers.
What you'll be doing
- Lead a team that can operate independently and collaboratively to solve problems with software.
- Work closely with your Product Management counterpart to define and execute on a roadmap of important, high-impact work for the team.
- Hire and build your team, then work with them to steer your team's culture and processes.
- Along with your fellow leads, help shape our shared values within Engineering – how we recruit, how we collaborate across teams, and how we evolve our architecture.
- Mentor your team and help them grow their career at Provi.
- Working 100% remote from anywhere in the US or Canada, or with your colleagues at our Chicago offices.
What you won't be doing
- Implementing solutions handed down from on high for you to implement without your feedback and input.
- Working towards multi-quarter, date-driven commitments or managing Gantt charts all day.
- Just taking instructions from your product partners - at Provi, engineers are expected and encouraged to have a voice in building their roadmap.
- Working on weekends & holidays.
What we are looking for
- An experienced engineering manager or tech lead who is eager to be both a people manager as well as a technical leader.
- A seasoned software engineer with experience developing web applications at scale. You don't have to be the world's greatest engineer, just experienced.
- A desire to work as part of a highly-skilled, highly collaborative remote engineering team and the communication skills to enable it.
- Any passion or knowledge of the following is great but is not a requirement to apply: mentorship and performance management techniques, playbooks for building an inclusive, remote team culture, infrastructure / DevOps expertise
What you can do at Provi:
Make an impact: Work directly with the management team to help grow the business.
Find your groove and grow: Provi keeps growing and you should too. Expand your skill set, diversify your experience and develop along with us.
Enjoy competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with match, Commuter Perks, Long/Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Unlimited PTO and ½ day Fridays in the Summer.
Flexibility at work: We are remote first but have a great office in downtown Chicago for employees to use.
Be a part of something big: Join a dynamic and innovative team that is working to change a major industry.
Provi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.