Director of Card Operations
Columbus, OH /
Business Operations /
Who we are:
Backed by QED Investors and Fifth Third Bank, Provide is building the modern bank for healthcare providers to help improve the quality of care they provide to millions of patients nationwide. Healthcare professionals are facing increasing financial pressure and a complex landscape of services that are difficult to navigate. We're committed to empowering these professionals with technology-enabled offerings to make it easier for them to obtain the right financial products and services when they need them so that they can focus on what they do best -- providing outstanding care.
Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money. This efficiency drives faster funding and lower rates. Since making our first loan in 2016, we’ve become a top lender in the space. Going forward, we’re focused on expanding our service offerings to healthcare professionals with a commitment to simplicity, convenience, and efficiency.
About the role:
Provide is seeking an experienced operations leader to help us launch the first premium Card offering for health care practices and to manage our Card Operations department. Are you a data-driven manager with experience leading teams responsible for customer service, dispute resolutions, rewards, or other credit card servicing responsibilities? Do you enjoy developing business processes to help your team achieve greater levels of service or drive improvements to efficiency? Can you motivate your team and help your teammates succeed? Do you love delighting customers by providing outstanding service? If so, this role might be a great fit for you.
This is a new, high-growth business unit for the company, and this is a highly-visible role within the company. You’ll have an opportunity to lay the foundation for the program, develop business processes, recruit talented individuals to join the team, and interact directly with key executives across the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Design and drive the day-to-day operational processes that power our Provide card program.
- Work side-by-side with the GM of Cards and VP of Engineering to build the Card Operations function.
- Manage external vendor relationships performing services including card fulfillment, after hours live agent support, transaction dispute resolution, fraud monitoring, and collections.
- Drive efficiency and manage to established service levels in a data driven manner.
- Recruit, hire, and train qualified operations staff
- Document and implement standard operating procedures
- Develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with internal teams in sales, marketing, credit, and capital markets.
- Work with an incredibly down-to-earth, talented, inspired, eccentric, nerdy-at-times, and fun-loving team that values well-roundedness, hard work, focus, and work-life balance
- Highly analytical with an understanding of lean, six-sigma, and TQM concepts applied in a service environment
- Accountable for your own actions and for the actions of your team
- Ability to motivate your team to perform at a high level
- Humble, with the right blend of introversion and extroversion that leads you to continuously request feedback and incorporate input from your team members and partners
- Able to think strategically while knowing when to stop thinking and start getting things done
- Enthusiastic and entrepreneurial; up for the challenges that come with a rapidly growing team at a growth company
- Resilient, focused, and prepared for the ups, downs, and growing pains of a new business
- 7+ years of operations or call center experience for a Card program, including 5+ years of management experience.
- Empathy for customers
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Passion for innovation in finance with B2C and B2B customers
Provide is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.