Closing Operations Specialist
Columbus, OH /
Who we are:
Provide is building the modern bank for healthcare providers to help improve the quality of care they provide to millions of patients nationwide. Healthcare professionals are facing increasing financial pressure and a complex landscape of services that are difficult to navigate. We're committed to empowering these professionals with technology-enabled offerings to make it easier for them to obtain the right financial products and services when they need them so that they can focus on what they do best -- providing outstanding care.
Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money. This efficiency drives faster funding and lower rates. Since making our first loan in 2016, we’ve become a top lender in the practice finance space. Going forward, we’re focused on expanding our service offerings to healthcare professionals with a commitment to simplicity, convenience, and efficiency.
About the role:
As a Closing Operations Specialist reporting to a Closing Team Lead, you'll be responsible for completing the internal tasks triggered when a borrower accepts a financing offer from Provide, advancing the deal to the closing stage of our pipeline and preparing the deal for handoff to a Closing Officer. From configuring the borrower dashboard to reviewing complex documents to ordering appraisals and more, you'll play a critical role in setting the stage for a smooth, streamlined loan-closing experience for our borrowers.
What you'll do:
- Review all credit conditions on accepted financing offers and ensure the borrower’s dashboard is properly configured to fulfill all required closing conditions
- Contact vendors to collect bids for required real estate diligence reports for commercial real estate loans
- Engage vendors selected to perform diligence by completing vendor engagement letters and questionnaires
- Ensure a smooth handoff to a Closing Officer once you've properly configured a deal
- Contribute to the improvement of policies and procedures to increase the efficiency of the closing process
- Educate and mentor Closing Officers on requirement configuration
- Assist with one-off closing team projects as needed
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ of years of professional experience
- Working knowledge of lending guidelines, particularly in underwriting and/or closing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Next-level attention to detail
- The ability to prioritize ruthlessly and stay organized when things get busy or chaotic
- A knack for analyzing policies, procedures, and guidelines in a way that maximizes productivity while still adhering to risk guidelines
- A love of collaboration and great teamwork
- Passion for creating a world-class customer experience
Not required, but nice to have:
- Experience in practice finance or small-business lending
- Experience in fintech
- Familiarity with commercial real estate closings
- Proficiency with CRM software
Provide, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fifth Third Bank, National Association. Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.