Columbus, OH /
Who we are:
Provide is building the modern bank for healthcare providers to help improve the quality of care they provide to millions of patients nationwide. Healthcare professionals are facing increasing financial pressure and a complex landscape of services that are difficult to navigate. We're committed to empowering these professionals with technology-enabled offerings to make it easier for them to obtain the right financial products and services when they need them so that they can focus on what they do best -- providing outstanding care.
Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money. This efficiency drives faster funding and lower rates. Since making our first loan in 2016, we’ve become a top lender in the practice finance space. Going forward, we’re focused on expanding our service offerings to healthcare professionals with a commitment to simplicity, convenience, and efficiency.
About the role:
Provide is looking for an entry-level construction project specialist to guide doctors as they rely on Provide to assist them in building their dream practice. Reporting to the Director of Projects and working as a mentee of a Senior Project Manager, this is a fulfilling opportunity to assist current and aspiring practice owners through a design and construction project -- a rewarding but complex process full of financial risk.
In this role, you'll review a borrower's project plans, budgets, and contracts to ensure all project-related risks are considered and mitigated. You'll be expected to review project requirements, make recommendations to ensure successful implementation of projects, review project status updates and make judgements on the proper distribution of project capital disbursements to vendors, contractors, and consultants. In addition, you'll collect and maintain borrower conditions necessary for meeting underwriting requirements.
What you'll do:
- Assess a doctor's project goals and budget against their approved loan amount, the space they plan to build out, and the team they propose to work with
- Manage a pipeline of 20-25 active deals in the project stage of a loan
- Guide doctors through different project delivery types, setting expectations and conveying clear requirements
- Review designer and contractor agreements for risk mitigation and tenant lease language
- Establish expectations with borrowers' teams for how the project should progress, how changes in scope should be handled, and how issues will be communicated and addressed
- Communicate with designers, contractors, and equipment vendors to assess scope of work, validate project budget and schedule, and collect and disburse payment on invoicing
- Maintain borrower loan file, collecting and updating insurances, financials, taxes, and lien filings per loan requirements
What we're looking for:
- 1-3 years’ experience as a construction coordinator, analyst, or entry-level engineer, or comparable internship experience
- Previous experience with design, building permitting, and construction processes
- Excellent written communication and phone skills
- Committed focus, organization, and prioritization
- The ability to skillfully and quickly identify real issues and distinguish them from details
- Enthusiasm for teamwork, collaboration, and winning
Not required, but nice to have:
- A bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, or construction management
- Experience working in healthcare or dental design/construction
- Experience reviewing project schedules and estimates
- Experience reviewing construction contracts and construction insurances
Provide, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fifth Third Bank, National Association. Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.