Loan Operations Specialist
Columbus, OH /
Loan Operations /
Who we are:
Provide is building the modern bank for healthcare providers to help improve the quality of care they provide to millions of patients nationwide. Healthcare professionals are facing increasing financial pressure and a complex landscape of services that are difficult to navigate. We're committed to empowering these professionals with technology-enabled offerings to make it easier for them to obtain the right financial products and services when they need them so that they can focus on what they do best -- providing outstanding care.
Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money. This efficiency drives faster funding and lower rates. Since making our first loan in 2016, we’ve become a top lender in the practice finance space. Going forward, we’re focused on expanding our service offerings to healthcare professionals with a commitment to simplicity, convenience, and efficiency.
About the role:
We're looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, team-oriented loan operations expert to join our fast-growing, Columbus-based ops team. Reporting to our Loan Operations Manager, you'll have the opportunity to shape process, increase efficiency, and drive the direction of a function that's fundamentally critical to the strength and value of our fast-growing portfolio.
What you'll do:
- Review loan files in depth prior to funding to ensure file completeness, perfected collateral, and full structural alignment with the credit memo
- Perform detailed analysis of purchase-and-sale or asset sale agreements to confirm free-and-clear asset transfer
- Review practice location leases
- Review required insurance policies
- Audit draft and final legal loan documents
- Liaise daily with both closing officers and underwriters to drive maximum efficiency
- Provide general operational oversight of the deals in your pipeline
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in commercial lending, in a loan operations, loan underwriting, fulfillment, funding coordinator, audit, or collateral-related role at a bank or lending company
- Deep understanding of deal structuring and collateral concepts (you love talking UCC-1s, UCC-3s, PMSIs, etc.)
- Passion for prioritizing and organizing
- Comfort learning new software systems
- A maniacal focus on getting it right every time (you understand the gravity of funding a $1 million loan without a flawless loan file)
- An understanding of when to involve your manager, the credit team, or counsel if tricky questions or judgment calls arise
Not required, but nice to have:
- Previous experience in healthcare practice finance
- Previous experience with real estate closings, title insurance, and mortgages
- Familiarity with LaserPro loan documentation software
- Experience reading credit memos to understand deal structure
Provide, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fifth Third Bank, National Association. Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.