Business Data Analyst
Columbus, OH /
Business Operations /
Who we are:
Backed by QED Investors and Fifth Third Bank, Provide is building the modern bank for healthcare providers to help improve the quality of care they provide to millions of patients nationwide. Healthcare professionals are facing increasing financial pressure and a complex landscape of services that are difficult to navigate. We're committed to empowering these professionals with technology-enabled offerings to make it easier for them to obtain the right financial products and services when they need them so that they can focus on what they do best -- providing outstanding care.
Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money. This efficiency drives faster funding and lower rates. Since making our first loan in 2016, we’ve become a top lender in the space. Going forward, we’re focused on expanding our service offerings to healthcare professionals with a commitment to simplicity, convenience, and efficiency.
About the role:
We’re looking for a curious, analytical, and detail-oriented individual who enjoys creating informative reports, is comfortable with Tableau and Tableau Prep, and has some knowledge or interest in Python or R. This individual will help us better understand all quantitative aspects of our business by delivering key insights through data visualization and analysis, covering topics such as customer acquisition, funnel optimization, and processing efficiency -- among many others. The Business Data Analyst will report directly to the Senior Business Data Analyst and assist in creation, upkeep, and improvement of Tableau workbooks and Tableau Prep data flows.
What you'll do:
- Write basic SQL queries against a variety of data sources to locate relevant data
- Build data flows in Tableau Prep to generate useful data sources
- Build data visualizations using Tableau to enable the business to more easily explore data
- Work cross-functionally with multiple departments to provide required analytics and insights needed to support the business needs
- Become an expert on our data, and work closely with engineering to improve the data model
- Assist the Senior Business Data Analyst with developing models that explore our data using Python or R that yield additional insights into the business
What we’re looking for:
- A love of data!
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, mathematics, economics, physics, or other quantitative discipline
- 1+ years of experience in a data analytics role
- Entry-level SQL proficiency
- Intermediate-level Tableau proficiency
- Working knowledge of Python or R or similar and willingness to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team player who works well with others
Not required, but nice to have:
- Prior experience with Salesforce
- Prior experience with Redshift
- Experience at a fintech or technology-enabled lender
Provide is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.