Senior Product Manager - Provide Card
San Francisco, CA /
Who we are:
Backed by QED Investors, Provide is building the modern bank for healthcare providers to help improve the quality of care they provide to millions of patients nationwide. Healthcare professionals are facing increasing financial pressure and a complex landscape of services that are difficult to navigate. We're committed to empowering these professionals with technology-enabled offerings to make it easier for them to obtain the right financial products and services when they need them so that they can focus on what they do best -- providing outstanding care.
Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money. This efficiency drives faster funding and lower rates. Since making our first loan in 2016, we’ve become a top lender in the space. Going forward, we’re focused on expanding our service offerings to healthcare professionals with a commitment to simplicity, convenience, and efficiency.
About the role:
Provide is seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager to lead the product development of new credit card programs for healthcare practices and practitioners. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new product team at the inception of the product and influence the development of technology-enabled credit card programs for dedicated, entrepreneurial practice owners.
Traditional small-business credit cards fall short in serving healthcare practices, so we're launching the first premium, technology-enabled credit card focused on the healthcare space. In this role, you’ll interact with third-party processors, servicers, banks, rewards program partners, and card manufacturing/fulfillment partners. You’ll also play an important role in defining the product roadmap for our credit card product offerings, leading a cross-functional team to build features that scale this new line of business.
Are you obsessed with delighting customers with innovative financial products? Do you love diving into details with your team and helping them succeed? Can you take vague customer problems and turn them into real plans? If so, this could be the role for you.
What you'll do:
- Manage multiple projects at different stages of product development while staying ahead of your “must-do” list
- Define the scope and goals of those projects, coordinating with your business partners, vendors, designers, and engineers every step of the way
- Talk directly to healthcare providers and their trusted advisors to get quantitative and qualitative insights on a regular basis
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with our sales, marketing, card operations, credit, and capital markets teams
- Work with an incredibly down-to-earth, talented, inspired, eccentric, nerdy-at-times, and fun-loving team that values well-roundedness, hard work, focus, and work-life balance
- Curious -- particularly about payments and financing decisions of healthcare professionals -- and able to translate that curiosity into fundamental understanding
- Obsessed with measuring the impact of everything you ship
- Accountable for your own actions and the actions of your team
- Humble, continuously requesting feedback and incorporating input from your team members and partners
- Able to think strategically but aware of when to stop thinking and start getting things done
- Enthusiastic and entrepreneurial
- Up for the challenges that come with a rapidly growing team
- 5+ years of product management experience as a product owner of multiple scrum teams, with at least three years in fintech or financial services
- At least one full year of experience working for a payments company or on a card program
- A passion for great teamwork
- Empathy for users
- Deep listening skills
- Excellent writing and presenting skills, with a knack for clarity and brevity
- Strong interpersonal skills
Not required, but nice to have:
- MBA or equivalent
- Computer science degree or equivalent
- Experience at a rapidly scaling startup
Provide is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.