Director of Marketing
Columbus, OH /
Who we are:
Backed by QED Investors and Fifth Third Bank, Provide is building the modern bank for healthcare providers to help improve the quality of care they provide to millions of patients nationwide. Healthcare professionals are facing increasing financial pressure and a complex landscape of services that are difficult to navigate. We're committed to empowering these professionals with technology-enabled offerings to make it easier for them to obtain the right financial products and services when they need them so that they can focus on what they do best -- providing outstanding care.
Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money. This efficiency drives faster funding and lower rates. Since making our first loan in 2016, we’ve become a top lender in the space. Going forward, we’re focused on expanding our service offerings to healthcare professionals with a commitment to simplicity, convenience, and efficiency.
About the role:
We're looking for our first-ever marketing leader to join us for the most exciting chapter in our company's history. Last year, we (1) originated nearly half a billion dollars in loans to practice owners, (2) launched an in-house insurance agency, and (3) executed a rebrand, among many other milestones -- and the growth and product launches we have planned for 2021 are even more game-changing!
We've built our business through referral partnerships -- not through direct-to-doctor marketing -- but the time is now for us to leverage the brand and reputation we've built over the last half-decade and seize an amazing opportunity to build a direct channel. In addition to customers and referral partners, our business is also built on bank partnerships, so you'll have the unique opportunity to impact brand and growth on that critically important side of the business as well.
If you're a full-stack marketer with experience in content, performance marketing, product marketing, email campaigns, direct mail, social, and managing a PR firm -- and if you enjoy getting your hands dirty in building a function from the ground up, scientifically determining what works and what doesn't -- this could be the role for you. Building a vertical bank is equal parts challenging and rewarding, but we have the right team in place to do it. Come join us!
What you'll do:
- Lay the groundwork for a scalable, well organized marketing function built around clearly defined processes and documentation
- Execute campaigns for a diverse range of initiatives on varying media, with an emphasis on product launches as we continue to expand our offerings
- Build out our direct marketing channel in a way that adds a meaningful number of qualified leads to the top of the funnel
- Work closely with our sales organization to ensure our direct and partner channels integrate seamlessly
- Tactically partner with Provide's executive team and external PR firm to ensure alignment in communication activities and general presence in the market
- Assist in strengthening the positioning and packaging of Provide's brand, including developing brand/materials guidelines to enforce consistency across the company (and arming our teams with the proper tools to comply!)
- Ensure digital campaigns consistently hit user acquisition and engagement goals
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in performance marketing
- Day-to-day management of invoicing, budget reconciliation, and reporting
- Produce various content, including email, social media posts, blogs, white papers, and collateral for our sales teams
- Share that content intelligently through various channels, ensuring a strong and consistent web presence
- Optimize content, considering SEO and Google Analytics
- Analyze and extract relevant insights from web traffic metrics
- Receive customer feedback and generate ideas to increase customer engagement
- Help guide and oversee our presence at trade shows and other top industry events both in-person and virtual
- Articulate well-reasoned justifications both quantitative and qualitative for your learnings and decisions around what works and what doesn't
- Do many (maybe all!) of the above on both the customer and bank partner sides of the business
- 7+ years of experience in marketing, including at least 3 years in fintech
- A diverse professional background that spans performance marketing, content, branding, and PR; even if you're not a true generalist, you've had at least some exposure to a bit of everything
- A track record of partnering successfully with product and engineering teams
- Experience partnering with a large sales organization
- Phenomenal writing skills, with a knack for tone and an obsession with clarity, brevity, and precision
- Excellent presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Experience either leading or contributing meaningfully to the marketing of a product launch
- Experience managing a budget and building a team
- Deep understanding of the advertising ecosystem -- especially data and revenue flow throughout the finance and lending space
- Direct experience with analytics & marketing tech suites
- Curious about the world of private practice ownership
- Openminded about how your experience can be best applied to a new industry
- Comfortable operating independently in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable and willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary
- A great storyteller
- A terrific teammate
Not required, but nice to have:
- Experience in the healthcare or dental industries
Provide is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.