Test Automation Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area
Proxy is about pushing the boundaries of smartphones and radios to give every person on the planet their own unique signal for connected devices to tap into and do useful things for them. We are looking for a test engineering professional who cares deeply about test automation and product quality to enable a fantastic & reliable user experience
Our first Test Engineer will work within the Embedded/Firmware team whilst collaborating with other teams, in developing automated test systems and suites to develop, maintain and support automated testing of production hardware & software releases. This role will focus on developing in house tools for automation as well as managing production test automation.
- Take full ownership for test engineering systems, processes and automation working across multiple company product lines
- Work with our QA Engineer to design, develop and maintain functional, regression, integration and end-to-end tests
- Contribute to developing, debugging and maintaining production test firmware and software
- Contribute to developing and running system validation tests to verify and validate software releases (across different combinations of firmware, mobile and backend software)
- Provide timely feedback on feature functionality, validity and product defects.
- Triage bugs submitted from users and other teammates, verifying issues and gathering additional details.
- Be a team player in a small, flat, highly collaborative environment, working closely with both product and engineering teams.
- Travel to our manufacturing partners to commission and support automated production test systems
Skills and Expertise
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines
- 3+ years in Firmware and/or Test Engineering Experience writing C code for an embedded micro-controllers
- Understanding and experience of analog and digital hardware design, verification and production testing
- Expert in automated testing across multiple platforms and testing techniques
- Experience with Python or another automation scripting language
- Advanced level of Jira/Confluence knowledge or other bug tracking systems
- Enthusiasm for evaluating new services and technologies
- Experience with testing products that integrate wireless communication technology such as BLE & WiFI
- Knowledge of the specifics of iOS and Android
- Knowledge of development cycle for mobile/web applications
- Experience working with overseas ODM and/or CM manufacturing partners
- Fluent in Mandarin