Technical Project Manager (Hardware)
San Francisco Bay Area
Proxy is about pushing the boundaries of smartphones and radios to give every person on the planet their own unique signal for connected devices to tap into and do useful things for them. We are looking for a talented people who are focused on enabling a fantastic user experience and who does not hesitate to dive into the low-level stuff.
Our first Technical Project Manager will work with our Hardware and QA teams to provide a granular review of each stage of the product design and manufacturing cycle. Our Technical Project Manager will ensure our engineering team are firing on all cylinders and critical in getting our product into the hands of our customers.
- Work with multiple teams to drive new products and features through the development and manufacturing process.
- Work with multiple teams to gather and create product requirements and specifications.
- Take full ownership for product build schedule (manufacturing).
- Take full ownership of the coordination for on site manufacturing support.
- Work with our hardware and QA teams to provide a reliable release, build and test schedule.
- Communicate concisely the problem areas that require attention of the engineering team.
- Coordinate on-site manufacturing support between Proxy engineering and vendors.
- Provide timely feedback on feature functionality, validity and product defects.
- Ensure project meets deadlines and is completed within budget.
- Facilitate technical information transfer between teams and participate in executive meetings.
- Be a team player in a small, flat, highly collaborative environment, working closely with both product and engineering teams.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master in Process or Industrial Engineering with a Project Management Focus.
- 3+ years in Consumer or Enterprise manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years in Technical Project Management.
- Experience with Basic Electrical Debugging.
- Experience with PCB / Plastics Manufacture.
- Basic experience with automated testing systems.
- Understanding of various QA processes.
- Experience with products that integrate wireless communication technology such as BLE & WiFI.
- Knowledge of development cycle for mobile/web applications.
- Experience working with overseas ODM and/or CM manufacturing partners.
- Fluent in Mandarin (a major plus).
- Travel to Taiwan and China required